Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new 10MFAN mouthpiece “THE CLASSIC” pre-orders and audios

MY POST DISAPPEARED SO I AM RELISTING IT.
    WHY ARE POSTS DISAPPEARING FROM SOTW???!!!!!!

10MFAN CLASSIC TENOR MPC

The time has now come where I will be accepting orders for my new 10MFAN "Classic" hard rubber tenor saxophone mouthpiece.

So many players have switched off of the vintage HR mouthpieces and are playing my 10MFAN mouthpieces, which makes me very happy.
    On the other side of the coin, I know there are lots of other players out there who prefer a piece that has that more focussed vintage vibe.
    There will always be people on both sides.

So after 4 years of being asked to also make something like this new 10mfan Classic mouthpiece, I can now accommodate everybody. 

I made my other mouthpieces to outplay the vintage pieces in the different categories I have them in for me, but I am well aware that many people who play vintage pieces want something that feels familiar to them. As a player always wanting more than what the vintage pieces could do for me, I made my Merlot, Robusto, and Black Widow hard rubber pieces.

There are loads of guys out there who love the vintage feel and blow who have asked me to make something that's right in that classic zone BUT with LOTS MORE POWER AND BODY available--- and more focus than my other pieces....so now I have.

The 10MFAN "Classic" plays with a powerful warm, full, OPEN sound-- and is super even blowing top to bottom. I don't consider it "dark"...its warm and it can let loose. For me, my main objective has been to make a piece that has a vintage focussed feel, but also records incredibly well. Fulness with tons of power, fatness, depth, richness, core, etc...
    This new piece projects incredibly well.

This will more than satisfy all of you players who love the classic large chamber hr vintage tenor pieces, especially in the Link vein, but want way more clarity and FAR MORE POWER than those and want originality and uniqueness from what the copy pieces offer. Its got a larger round chamber and undercut sidewalls. There are lots of Link copies out there, so I didn't feel we needed another.

*** WHAT I FELT WAS NECESSARY, WAS MAKING A PIECE THAT SMOKED THE VINTAGE LINKS BUT HAD THE GOOD STUFF THAT THOSE OFFER, AND MUCH MORE! ***

This will give players the openess and power they want available to them, but unlike anything they have had with the vintage pieces.
    An opportunity to have a piece that is more Link-like, but frankly FAR better. Not dull, or stuffy, or boring.
    Powerful, open, and focussed with a warm and incredible sound. WAY power than the original Resos, Slants, and Early Babbitt hard rubber pieces.

We have really done it right here. I will be starting production for this piece before the end of November, I believe.

I am taking orders now, and I would suggest you get on the list as soon as humanly possible because there will be a big waitlist for this model.
    All you need to do is contact me at my email address, pay upfront, and I will get you on the list.

You will receive your pieces in the order in which they were ordered. I am hoping to get the first batch of pieces around the 2nd week in December.

$450 with free shipping in the U.S.

TO ORDER--------> Email me DIRECTLY at: connsaxman@comcast.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The new 10MFAN "Classic" hard rubber tenor saxophone mouthpiece PRE-ORDERS

is this the thread you were thinking of
    https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...eing-taken-now

Forum Contributor 2016-17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The new 10MFAN "Classic" hard rubber tenor saxophone mouthpiece PRE-ORDERS

I've noticed it too, was searching within the "For Sale" section for someone else's Ad and it is no longer there.
    54,XXX Selmer SBA tenor/Ben Allen 10E 7/Phil-Tone Florida Tribute 7*
    112,XXX sterling silver Keilwerth SX90R tenor
    Rampone & Cazzani curved soprano/Vandoren SL4

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t get it. A lot of people have been complaining lately about that. It is what it is, but it is frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JAY THOMAS ON THE 10MFAN™ PROTOTYPE CLASSIC 7* MOUTHPIECE

*** Jay sent such a long video, that we edited it and I hope you enjoy it. ***

Jay said he absolutely loves it and will be getting one once they are in production.
    Jay is using a Rigotti reed with the 7* prototype.

To get on the pre-order list, email me at: connsaxman@comcast.net

Come and see what all the talk is about:
    www.10mfan.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now THAT's a NICE sounding piece! So smooth and warm! JT DEFINITELY has a beautiful, classic (pun intended) thing going on here, I think he'll LOVE his new piece when it comes in!
    TENOR: Selmer Mark VI, 10mfan Robusto HR mouthpiece/ 10mfan BOSS MTL, D'Addario Jazz Select/Vandoren ZZ reeds
    ALTO: Saxgourmet Voodoo Rex, Beechler diamond dot mouthpiece, D'Addario Jazz Select reeds
    CLARINET: Leblanc Dynamic H Pete Fountain model w/gold-plated keys, Pomarico Crystal mouthpiece, Marca PF reeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you...its got loads of power too and can be pushed, so its certainly not just for the warm guys.

Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    JAY THOMAS ON THE 10MFAN™ PROTOTYPE CLASSIC 7* MOUTHPIECE

Jay moves side to side a bit, so catch the sound when he's facing the mic.
    Jay said he absolutely loves it and will be getting one once they are in production.
    Jay is using a Rigotti reed with the 7* prototype.

To get on the pre-order list, email me at: connsaxman@comcast.net

Come and see what all the talk is about:
    www.10mfan.com
    Sounds beautiful! Love the sound at 4:04 when he faces the mic. Nice and warm but with a nice resonance. I love the ring of the notes up high. A singing quailty without getting too bright. Nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay said to me, why spend thousands of dollars looking for a piece like this??? He absolutely loved it! Clearly, he's not an over the top guy
    Lots more videos/audios coming soon.

Distinguished SOTW Member Sebastian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay sounds great on this piece, Mark! Good job on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much! How are you doing???
    I am sure you are making a lot of players in Canada very happy with your work!
    WORLD-CLASS!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Rupert got the prototype and loves it! He got a 6* and gets a serious Getz vibe from it.
    I'll post an audio in the next 2 days.
    More to come...

All the best, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JEFF RUPERT PLAYING THE 10MFAN™ PROTOTYPE "CLASSIC" MOUTHPIECE

STAN GETZ VIBE, ANYONE???----A "DOUBLE PLAY" HERE FROM JEFF!

JEFF IS PLAYING A 6* TIP WITH A VANDOREN #3 BLUE BOX REED.

JEFF SAID HE CAN'T WAIT TILL THEY ARE RELEASED. HE JUST RECORDED A CHRISTMAS ALBUM ON THE MERLOT, AND SAID HE LOVES BOTH PIECES SO MUCH.

GET ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST BY EMAILING ME AT: CONNSAXMAN@COMCAST.NET

SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy crap....Jay and Jeff sound INCREDIBLE. I've seen a bunch of Jay's videos and he always sounds great, but there's something about the depth of this piece and that's exactly how I imagine a classic tenor should sound. Jeff plays so much like Getz it is scary, and amazing to listen to. He's been playing the Merlot a while now, right? He sounds great on both, but I really love his playing on the Classic.

I need to get this in my hands, excited to get mine! Well done, Mark!

- Saxaholic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Bill. I talked to Jeff for quite a while yesterday and he really loves the mouthpiece. He is one of those guys that loves to play with his throat really open, and he told me it was just incredibly pure sounding for him.
    I had a guy over the house playing the piece last week, and he commented that the beak was incredibly comfortable. He hates beaks that are too high and make your mouth stay open more, and Jeff commented that he always wishes that beaks were always higher on mpcs. Lol
    You can’t please everybody.
    He told me that he and Harry Allen were just talking about last week.
    Jay Thomas also commented on how incredibly comfortable the beak was. Jay is in Japan on tour and wrote me to tell me that he told a lot of people there to look out for this mouthpiece shortly. He is pumped up and already spreading the word.
    I told Jeff that most people don’t want to have a very high angled beak but I understand by the way he likes to blow, that that would be ideal for him. It’s always interesting hearing different guys play the same piece and listen to the comments.
    Jay Thomas loved it because the palm keys open up and they don’t stay fluffy like a Link. Because Jeff plays the way he plays, he told me that he loved the high-end because he could keep it airy like a link. Welcome to the crazy world of mouthpieces and biomechanics. It is so funny hearing people talk about sound and all of that and how we can all hear and feel different stuff.
    I’m just so glad that everyone who has played this is incredibly pumped up about it.

I’ll have more audios coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep there is a person for every mouthpiece. That's why it's sometimes sad to see the old ones get worked on.

This Classic sounds excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much. You are right that there are pieces out there for everybody. It’s really nice to have all of this variety for players.

Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    Thanks Bill. I talked to Jeff for quite a while yesterday and he really loves the mouthpiece. He is one of those guys that loves to play with his throat really open, and he told me it was just incredibly pure sounding for him.
    I had a guy over the house playing the piece last week, and he commented that the beak was incredibly comfortable. He hates beaks that are too high and make your mouth stay open more, and Jeff commented that he always wishes that beaks were always higher on mpcs. Lol
    You can’t please everybody.
    He told me that he and Harry Allen were just talking about last week.
    Jay Thomas also commented on how incredibly comfortable the beak was. Jay is in Japan on tour and wrote me to tell me that he told a lot of people there to look out for this mouthpiece shortly. He is pumped up and already spreading the word.
    I told Jeff that most people don’t want to have a very high angled beak but I understand by the way he likes to blow, that that would be ideal for him. It’s always interesting hearing different guys play the same piece and listen to the comments.
    Jay Thomas loved it because the palm keys open up and they don’t stay fluffy like a Link. Because Jeff plays the way he plays, he told me that he loved the high-end because he could keep it airy like a link. Welcome to the crazy world of mouthpieces and biomechanics. It is so funny hearing people talk about sound and all of that and how we can all hear and feel different stuff.
    I’m just so glad that everyone who has played this is incredibly pumped up about it.

I’ll have more audios coming soon.
    I feel the same way about the beaks. I have a couple hard rubber pieces that play great but the beak is just a little too high where I feel like it makes it uncomfortable for me. It does feel like it changes my playing and tone at least in my opinion. I love the beak on the Other 10mFan mouthpieces. Can't wait to try this one.......Sounds amazing........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Steve!
    If you like my other beaks, you will feel the same here. It is super comfortable and the piece is such a joy to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait Mark to get my 6* ! Great sound !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast