The new 10MFAN mouthpiece “THE CLASSIC” pre-orders and audios - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The new 10MFAN mouthpiece “THE CLASSIC” pre-orders and audios

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I Couldn't resist to these nice videos I should get mine from sax.co.uk early next week.
    And here we go ...

I had the chance to start blowing this new piece for few hours.
    No need to write hundreds of lines here to simply say to all of you that, for me, "the Classic" is simply stated the most incredible tenor piece on the market today. A truly unique experience.
    The Classic has richness, focus, incredible projection and altissimo, offering me the most versatile and enjoyable tenor saxophone experience I could imagine both for Jazz and Funk music.
    Mark ... you have ... AGAIN ... pushed the limits of world-wide mouthpiece manufacturing, innovation and performance. Thank you so much!
    TENOR : Selmer Balanced Action 1939 & Yanagisawa TWO10 - 10mFan The Classic 8
    ALTO : Selmer Mark VI 1966 - PhilTone Rift 0.85
    http://cern.ch/veym

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Marc. Can’t wait to hear you on the mouthpiece. Send a recording when you get a chance. This mouthpiece has taken off like wildfire and I’m glad so many players are enjoying it so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received this review from Thomas Schofer in Germany:

“Hi Mark,
    This mouthpiece is simply the best Í´ve ever played! I used all the years a lot of different ( Berg Larsen metal, Peter Ponzol metal, Guardala Brecker, Guardala Branford Marsalis, Otto Link metal 7* and 9*, Otto Link hard rubber 9* and the last Jody Jazz HR 10* ) . It works wonderful and easy from the low register to the top tones. I also tried it with different reeds i had at home: Rigotti Jazz Cut 2 1/2 ( my favourites
    ), Selmer 2 1/2, Daddario Jazz Select filed and unfiled 3 med, Marca American Vintage 3. they all sound very good and in different sound shapes.Vandoren V16 2 1/2 , Alexander Superial 3 1/2 and NY 2 1/2 , who did not sound good on any of the other mouthpieces, expecially the Jody Jazz, soundgreat on the Classic 9* . It seems, that it doesn´t matter which reed one uses, all works great. I never bevore made such an experience! I also tried each reed with 3 different ligatures: Vandoren Optimum, Flexitone and GF Systems ( this is near similar to the Rovner ligatures). When I have time, i will made a recording of it.

Thank you, and Eric Falcon very much for producing this exellent mouthpieces!

Best regards,

Thomas”

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 Budget Explosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been happily jamming on my Classic 10Mfan piece for about six weeks now. I live in an apt. building where my neighbors and family can hear me practice, so I need to sound nice for them all - and this piece brings peace to my home.

I'm not a high baffle guy - I love the sax playing of Clifford Jordan and Hank Mobley, and although I'm not a good player, the Classic helps me achieve a tone and performance to feel I'm emulating my sax heroes and sounding like I'm playing real, authentic jazz.

Besides the great jazz tone, my two favorite things about this piece are: 1) easy to place the reed on the piece - of course depending on where the reed lines up, the tone will be different, but wherever I place it, it plays! 2) My sax has a tendency to gurgle on the left-hand pinkie notes...this piece has really tamed the gurgling!

A keeper!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horn with Classic .jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	191849
    my Combat Jazz album Zebra is now up on iTunes, Amazon and all streaming services.

Selmer Mark VI Tenor Sax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So beautifully said!

That means the world to me. I love the picture too!!!
    I am really glad I could help.

Big hugs, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This piece has taken off.
    Thank you all again for checking out my original designs.
    Passion is rewarding on so many levels.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13