Sax on the Web Forum banner

Tipped bell ( " saxello") soprano stand that works

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael Ward 
#1 ·
My friend Warp X told me about these. They won't work for a real King Saxello though because of the extreme bell angle.

Good for modern tipped bell horns though and the vintage Buescher would work too.

I designed my own stand for the King Saxello that works well and had my tech make it.

Musical instrument Reed instrument Reed Wind instrument Woodwind instrument

See less See more
#4 ·
Despite the fact that I specifically criticize its use as a cradle, you can use an ordinary stand ( K&M for example) and put the thumb rest in the lower arched support and the top part of the sax can be enveloped by the top bell support.

Despite this not looking very safe and provided you tighten the top arch, you will have a very good fit.

Not unlike, in actual fact, the original stand for the saxello.

Anyway among us there is a Dutch member Johan Jonker who makes great stands he has made some very nice bass clarinet stands. That design can be most certainly adapted to this needs and Johan has many new ideas.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?272706-Johan-Jonker-Bass-clarinet-stand

#5 ·
Thanks for that Milandro. My design is a scaled down Blayman bass clarinet stand. Originally I had a sponge like cushion for the bell ( a blayman insert) but this wasn't very resilient. So a wood block painted black with two little holes to take the front legs of the original Y stand of the saxello. Works really well for me but I don't do any quick change stuff.

#7 ·
Thanks Milandro for mentioning me.
Interesting instrument to make a stand for.
Personally I would prefer a stand that presents the instruments frontside. But the difficulty is that to make a stable stand you have to make something in front of the bell.
Because I like to use wood I would think of a big wooden ball or conus covered with cork or felt on the foot of the stand.
The angle of the conus would be a bit flexible then.
If you like it I can make som kind of sketch of that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.