[other] Craigslist likely scam. How to move forward? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Craigslist likely scam. How to move forward?

There's a little button next to the REPLY to mark it as spam/scam, etc. I clicked it. I imagine they'll review it or something, but it's worth doing... I don't suspect they're going to revoke my craigslisting abilities for trying to thwart a scam.

-Bubba-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should all do this...flag the ad...NOW, today. After a certain # of flags, C'list automatically deletes the ad. Nobody reviews it before deleting, their system just registers a certain # of flags and they drop the ad.

As an aside...it has been up for 22 days already....so likely all who come across it are already on to it. But time to make it disappear, methinks.
    Go for the Old-Skool, homies. www.2ndending.com

(AdBlock Plus is your Friend https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/)

Forum Contributor 2014 Pete Thomas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba06 View Post
    There's a little button next to the REPLY to mark it as spam/scam, etc. I clicked it. I imagine they'll review it or something, but it's worth doing... I don't suspect they're going to revoke my craigslisting abilities for trying to thwart a scam.
    Unlikely I think, there is no reason for them to think it is a scam just because we do.
    TamingTheSaxophone.com & PPT Mouthpieces
    Tone Without Tears: No more boring long notes | BEGINNERS' DVD & ONLINE TUTORIALS | CDs, BACKING TRACKS & SHEET MUSIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andre251 View Post
    My first saxophone that my dad purchased for me in high school was at Sam Ash purchased from a cop in uniform. :-p
    A trombonist I knew in California in the '70s had recently fled New Orleans. His apartment there had been burgled & he lost some instruments. When he reported the theft & later tried to follow up, the cops (according to him) acted suspiciously evasive, even somewhat threatening. He came to believe that some New Orleans police were either involved in burglaries or were fencing stolen items, & that he would be in danger if he tried to pursue the incident further. This is proof of nothing, but may be food for thought...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall a few years back, someone put me onto a possible alto sale. I went to a house in town, to be met by a rather shirty guy. He wasn't too friendly, and reluctantly produced the alto; so long ago, cannot recall it being anything special. I hadn't seen one feature, though; the serial number was filed right off.
    Boy, did I turn the tables on the guy- and was he squirming. Not to be touched with the proverbial barge pole...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2