[OPEN] Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Contributor 2012-2015 Bozman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts

I checked my started threads and got results only back to August. I also searched "Selmer" in the Saxophones for Sale forum and got results back to August as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts

Quote Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
    Can you guys test things with the Search again? I believe we got it this time, and my examples of missing threads for the Search are good now

Kevin
    Kevin, I can now see again the latest started threads and also some older threads, but I'm sure I don't get all threads back I've ever started. Not sure if that was the case in the past.

What was the rout cause of this issue?

Let's also see what milandro reporst back if he checks this.

T : Selmer SBA serial 50xxx (1953) - Otto Link Florida no USA 10* - Rico Plasticover 2
    A : Klingsor serial 016xx (early 60's) - Otto Link STM 9* - Rico Royal 2.5
    SoundClick | SoundClip Index | YouTube | SOTW Blues (Round 8) | Mouthpiece/Sax Pictures

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: Searching “ last started threads” in your profile to find your own adverts

Same as before.

As far as I am concerned nothing has changed.

The “ last started threads” only shows 85 threads now (I’ve started some threads since the beginning of this thread).

Similarly the specialized search in the for sale section returns only very few results searching for the term “ Milandro” there only returns 5 ads and oly the most recent ones where I have partaken to the discussion if there was one (I have offered for sure more than 5 ...).

If I apply my workaround on the general search engine ( searching for the words Milandro for sale) I get 632 hits ( they are no only ads started by me, since I never sold this many saxophones, but it helps retrieving old stuff).

I am sorry to say, but this shows to me that we are not understanding each other when it comes to this complaint. If you say that it is solved while I still find that it isn’t we are obviously talking of things that are very different here.

Thanks for your efforts but I am not seeing any results at my end.
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

In the past, did this search function bring up all your past threads?

Fergus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, and I for years and years successfully used it to retrive my past contributions.

As it stands now, if don’t exactly remember most of the title of your past post you can no longer retrieve it.

The for sale threads are only retrivable by the workaround that I have suggested (which only partly works ).

Having an archive that is badly searchable is like not having one.
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I've bounced the ticket back to our techs (2681492)

Fergus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we live in hope , thanks

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, we'll update you the second we know more.

Niall

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Search a test run guys. We disabled some of the more advanced features of the Search, which might make it a little less efficient at finding all terms, but should hopefully at least include all possible results now

Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still broken.

If I search "latest started threads" from my own profile, I get
    - 5 results
    - "showing 1-5 of 27" (the number 27 could be ok)
    - a pager for just two pages (???)
    - a "watchuseek" error when I try to click on the second page.
    Dirk

Yamaha YBS-62E and YTS-32. Couesnon tenor and alto ('60s-'70s). Baroque recorders (Bernolin).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if I look at Milandro's started threads, it first shows "1 to 20 of 692" (possibly correct) but when I use the pager to browse the results, the number 692 reduces to 644 to 601 to 572 etc. ... and the number of pages available decreases...
    Dirk

Yamaha YBS-62E and YTS-32. Couesnon tenor and alto ('60s-'70s). Baroque recorders (Bernolin).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it worked well when I searched all threads (using advanced search) started by me (166!), including the paging.

Searching on threads started by milandro I got "Results 1 to 20 of 357" on the first page and the paging worked well till the last page (19, "Results 341 to 357 of 357").

If I go to milandro's profile page and use the option "Find latest started threads" I get "Results 1 to 20 of 692", which is not in line with the 'advanced search' result.

Using that option for myself I get "Results 1 to 20 of 170", which is not in line with the advanced search result either.

+-+-+-+-+-+

So the search results look better, but they are probably still not complete/reliable.

T : Selmer SBA serial 50xxx (1953) - Otto Link Florida no USA 10* - Rico Plasticover 2
    A : Klingsor serial 016xx (early 60's) - Otto Link STM 9* - Rico Royal 2.5
    SoundClick | SoundClip Index | YouTube | SOTW Blues (Round 8) | Mouthpiece/Sax Pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDEM

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there,

I see that it worked for some people and vice versa. For the people that couldn't get it to work, which browser and device? and did you all clear caches and cookies?
    If you guys can provide us with some screenshot that will be great as well.

Best regards,

Edward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong conclusion.

What seems to be happening is that when a user asks "Latests started threads" from a user profile page, then the total number of hits is too high (and instable when you page through the results).

Interestingly, if on such a search "on the user profile page", one copies the url (in the address bar) and pastes in another tab, then the total number of hits seems to become correct! So there is some dependence between the search result widget (or container or div or whatever), and the page in which it is embedded.
    Dirk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, it is totally browser and device independent. Here are two screenshots. Did VSAdmin start 2 threads... or 10?

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 19.25.16.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 19.25.27.jpg
    Dirk

Administrator
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was recreating the same behaviour this morning, but a clear of cookies and I was no longer seeing it. I don't want to ask you guys to do a full clear (as what works for me might not work for you), but if someone who is still seeing this change of numbers when navigating pages in the "latest started thread" search, can you clear cookies with a less browser? (ie. if you usually use Chrome, can you clear cookies in Firefox?)

Kevin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3