Sax on the Web Forum banner

Trevor James Raw Saxophones

10K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Roger Nordling 
#1 ·
Hey guys, anyone has experience with the Trevor James Raw Saxophones?

#7 ·
no it never stopped for me and as I showed above, I conducted a search just after OP posted his thread, by following THAT link he would have found immediately his answers. I don't have supernatural powers, I only use the forum resources and somehow I always find what I am looking for when others don't.

Showing 595 hits. Please DO follow the links.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/gtsea...ww.saxontheweb.net%2F&ref=&ss=4331j1591491j16

I would appreciate people following my links when I give one.

#5 ·
Yes, Smoothbottom! Blown away by my new TJ Signature Custom RAW! Hands down, best tenor I've played. Amazing sound. Much more core than my YTS- 82ZII but just as playable, and much more responsive than my Mark VI. Stephen Howard is dead on. I've tried pro Eastman, Yani, also the Yamaha EX, Schagerl, and Selmer Reference, and for me, the TJ beats them all by far. If you guys are in N. America, Massullo Music offers a free trial, and Sandro M. is a super guy. I realize that no one horn can be the one for everybody, but please believe me, this isn't some psychopseudoselfdeception babble. ;-) The horn feels great and sounds even better. At least to me, I think that if you're an especially 'contemporary' player- Smooth, etc. you might like the brightness of Yamaha's Custom Z- it's a great horn, but for all other styles, the TJ SC RAW is phat, lush, warm, and very satisfying.

#8 · (Edited)
Milandro
Vries is right, there is something wrong with the links (both in post 2 and 7) they don't find the threads you intended.

EDIT:
Actually, looking again there are links back to threads on the TJ Raw someway down the page after a few adverts. If you scroll past the ads you find the links but this is different than normal right?

#9 ·
So, Saxlicker, you see I am not imagining things... I generally tend to know what I am talking about and ALWAYS give examples of what I am saying

No, the ads ARE normal on this forum if you don't have an Ad blocker , welkome to the reality of commercial internet, and No it is not new...it has been going on for quite some time

The search engine works correctly, today as it did yesterday, if you know what you are doing that is.

here a screen shot to show you what I see with an AD blocker, no ads and directly all the threads (click to expand)

Font Software Screenshot Technology Web page

#12 ·
So, Saxlicker, you see I am not imagining things... I generally tend to know what I am talking about and ALWAYS give examples of what I am saying

No, the ads ARE normal on this forum if you don't have an Ad blocker , welkome to the reality of commercial internet, and No it is not new...it has been going on for quite some time

The search engine works correctly, today as it did yesterday, if you know what you are doing that is.

here a screen shot to show you what I see with an AD blocker, no ads and directly all the threads (click to expand)

View attachment 122170
I guess I must have an Ad Blocker on my lap top and didn't even realise then. I did a rare thing today and looked at SOTW on my desktop PC.
Edit
And I do tend to not know what I'm talking about.:mrgreen:

#10 ·
You know what Andre - I clicked on your link yesterday and the result for me was a totally empty page. I did not take a screenshot but I guess it is just a matter of time before the forum breaks again and we will be able to reproduce the issue!

#11 ·
nope that page is powered by google, not by the forum (unlike the “ advanced search” on the top right of each page), it is part of a specialized google search, it searches the forum but it s a google feature, not a forum feature.

The “data base error “ was a transitory issue affecting the whole of the forum (practically any post you were doing by pressing the posting or return key) and a different issue from not being able to search.

Anyway search engines are powered by Google.

As such a search action depends on your browser and your location (and previous search history) as all things google , but as Saxlicker found out, scrolling down brings you the results. It always does when I search.

We've been there many times, much longer before the forum experienced problems! I seem to find things and others don’t.

I have even had someone sending me requests to search for him even if he, apparently, used to a professional “ searcher”. I swear I don’t do anything other than searching in the proper place the proper way.

Currently THIS here thread is ranked 5th on the search action!:mrgreen:

#16 ·
I have only tried the Eastman and Sheppard horn briefly but i own the raw xs tenor. The Sheppard and raw xs is pretty similar but the Sheppard might have slightly more brilliance. The eastman i tried had a more focused sound it think. I would say the Sheppard is not worth the extra money, the rest is up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.