2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Forum Contributor 2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any chance this is a real Yany?

The ad indicates it's made in China, which is probably true, and which would mean it's not a real Yany, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The photos are real, but the text is gibberish. It's a T-902 and it's a T-901 and it's an alto sax ....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the customer review that says it sounds better than a Series VI - nice example of attention to detail.
    On the same site you can buy a "Selmer S80 Series II" alto for $255, which looks like an even better bargain!
    But for some reason, I don't find the ad for the Yanagisawa S-9930 Nickel-Plated soprano ($380) entirely convincing.

Forum Contributor 2015-2016 SHOZZA's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FAKE!! FAKE!!!. only the photos are genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"saxophones is a very classical musical instrument, and the sad and enchanting sound of silver alto saxophone is very attractive. There are many famous songs played by soprano saxophone, the Go Home, especially, which aroused the home-sick of many people who are away from home. Learning alto saxophone cases is relatively more difficult, you can take some time to learn the alto saxophone fingerings carefully, and then you will be rewarded well. The saxophones for sale is a great tool to show your charm and taste."

Fugazy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh whoops...I didn't read the description!

Yeah that ad is garbage...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Chinese sax, two actually. One is an S991 copy. If it were a lacquered brass finish and engraved like a Yanagisawa, I think most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference. That is until they took it apart. It has great ergos, but the pads are super soft, so it doesn't feel like a Yani. It has a nice tone, but on my horn, they hit the F# tone hole lip while buffing it and it leaks like a sieve other places too, so it has never played well.

The other sax fell apart after about three years. Literally fell apart. I'd be playing and stuff would fall off.

YMMV, so if you have money to burn, go for it, but I cannot recommend it. By the time you get one of these "great deals," pay for shipping and have it rebuilt, you could have bought a used, but real, Yanagisawa for just a little bit more.
    Soprano: New soprano coming soon; Vintage C-Mel Tenor project: Evette-Schaeffer, Buffet-Crampon Clarinet: Yamaha
    Alto: Noblet "Face" model (Designed by Dolnet?, made in the Beaugnier factory under Dolnet management for LeBlanc under the Noblet label. That's the musical instrument business.);