Sax on the Web Forum banner

Can't identify model?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I've just attained this C melody sax, and for the life of me can't seem to find out what make/model this is. Can anyone identify from the engraving on the bell? There are no words to be found anywhere on the horn. Also, best place to find replacement pads? Going to make this a project Sax.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oscar Adler e co. .

A company incorporated now in the Mönnig company.

I don't think this " model" had any other name than " C-melody".

Here a page on your horn

http://www.cmelodysax.co.uk/saxophones/oa-cmel.htm

The are are no special places to find the pads, you need to measure them precisely and see what you can find around all the pads m,akers to fit them for size ( ø and thickness).

Don't think that anyone would sell you a ready made set for this (or any other horn) and that you can simply replace the pads.

White pads would probably look more like the pads originally equipping this horn but those very old pads use to be very different from those used nowadays.

When you post pictures reference them on an other hosting site outside the forum they show much larger.

#3 ·
Thanks heaps mate! Right. Any chance you know of somewhere I can send measurements to? It actually plays fairly well considering the state of the pads, so I am looking forward to a repad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.