Sax on the Web Forum banner

Keilwerth sx90r silver plated ?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  levonthelights 
#1 ·
Hi folks ! I couldn't find an answer here, so i have to ask : what is the model alto Keilwerth SX90r silver plated ? I can't find any pics of it (maybe i search in a wrong way), or any official info. I mean silver plated, not nickel silver. I was offered such a saxophone but can't find even photos of it somewhere else except a seller. What years it was made, and where can i read about this model (price and so on) ? Is there any difference between others SX90R ? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
The silver may be non-original. I'd talk to the seller more about it.

#9 ·
Yes...my one doesn't have rolled Tone holes. You have to excuse me ...I am new to owning or gathering information on this company.
Yours looks to me that it possibly dates to the early 90 ?? .. as it has a different Bell-Brace to my later one. I think my one dates to around the year 2001.
The SX90 R .was always a top professional model. It's not often you see the SX and SXR in silver plate. The SX is no longer in production as it has been replaced by the MKX .
But the SXR is still the company's flagship.
This may help you :-

View attachment 112650

#14 ·
From the photo the bell brace looks rounded, as opposed to flat stamped, which suggests this horn was made quite a few years ago. That doesn't mean it wasn't sold recently as new old stock. Do you have a serial number?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.