Sax on the Web Forum banner

is Navarro still making mouthpieces?

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  FunkyHorn626 
#1 ·
I've recently switched to Navarro tenor pieces - absolutely love them. But the website hasn't been updated since 2013 and it includes products (metal Bop Boy for example) which don't seem to be available nowadays...has he gone out of business or stopped making them?

#4 ·
I have contacted him a couple years years ago requesting to buy a metal piece and he said he was no longer producing those original metal pieces, while he was changing some things in his manufacturing process. My interpretation was that it became too labor intensive, not scalable. Then, late last year he came out with his new metal pieces designs which you can find on eBay and other places today. I don't know why he still hasn't updated his website though.

#5 ·
I get the impression Rafael has taken a step back from the public side of things?? He used to answer my emails regularly and we had some good talks but the last 2-3 emails I have sent him have gone unanswered. It seems like maybe he is focused on making mouthpieces and then letting distributors and retailers handle the customer side of things. I'm just guessing...........

#7 ·
I recently bought a piece off his website (it took my money....), but have received no indication that the order was received. My multiple attempts to obtain verification of the order have failed so far. No mouthpiece as yet, though it has not been that long yet.

#17 ·
JJ, I can't quote your post because SOTW is having issues right now but I would be careful posting on a public forum not to go on someones site because it is unsafe. I just checked the Navarro site and I don't see anything unsafe about it. Yes, the main page says it is not secure but most sites are like that including mine and SOTW. When you click on a button to purchase a mouthpiece is takes you to a safe page secured with SSL. This is very safe and is what happens on my site also. You can tell by looking at the padlock in the URL window.

#20 ·
Yes you are right. I was maybe to fast on the trigger here. Sorry. But still, always be careful, and communicate via email or phone with the seller before putting money into more or less private websites.
(I have edited my previous post, since this was unclear and misleading)

#18 ·
JJ wrote "Don't try to buy from his website. My Bitdefender says that his website is unsave and considered as phishing.... ? Hopefully not another Guardala/Lebayle case here... "

JJ, I don't know what your Bitdefender is actually telling you, but phishing is when someone sends you an e-mail that redirects your reply to a hidden website. You are either misinterpreting your information or are misinformed.

If you need something from Rafael, contact him. I have had no bad experiences with him, and he has previously gone out of his way to help me.

#19 ·
Good advice. Always contact the refacer/mouthpiece maker before just putting an order on some website. I am sure Rafael would prefer that too. Sorry if my post sounded negative. Just wanted to point out that websites can be hacked or just become inactive for some reasons. And paying a high amount without having talked to the guy, seems a bit risky.... You never know where they are in their life right now....

#22 ·
I check Quinn pretty frequently and most of what he has had in the past have been some of the hard rubber pieces. Nice to see that the AR Bahia is offered in metal again along with the Mintzer metal pieces as well. Sill could not be happier with mine, in terms of it doing everything that I want it to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.