Sax on the Web Forum banner

New sop cases

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Guto 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Actually, the Selmer case is a BAM case. I do know the GL cases (through intense Googling), but have never actually seen one. Are they available in Europe?

I would actually love a simple tough case for my soprano, as I'm still using the Scratch-Easy™ case that came with it in 1972. I tried the Eastman below but it's very flimsy and has almost no padding inside.

#9 ·
I don't know about the GL cases. I have two BAM clarinet cases, one 10 years old, and one a few months old ... personally I have not had any zipper problems with either (yes, anecdotal evidence ...).

(Two cases for two clarinets ... the 10 years old case was also bought second hand by me, and is still in good condition)

#16 ·
they appear to have ceased the production of that particular model.

Now they seem to make those cases for violin only. Once upon a time ( 6 years ago) they existed for soprano and alto.

The one above was a soprano case. I've spoken about GL cases many times before.

I suppose there were too few customers among saxophone players. Still they make great cases.

#18 ·
they appear to have ceased the production of that particular model.

Now they seem to make those cases for violin only. Once upon a time ( 6 years ago) they existed for soprano and alto.

The one above was a soprano case. I've spoken about GL cases many times before.

I suppose there were too few customers among saxophone players. Still they make great cases.
I found one for alto but you'd better have €750 handy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.