Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post...... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Sacks Of Phones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by Saxaholic View Post
    Great soprano tone.

    Someone in that lineup needs to get their mechanism adjusted; the clacking was driving me nuts. Get some corks/oil on that thing!


    - Saxaholic
    That's built-in percussion.
    I play alto because I occasionally have to. I play tenor because I want to.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Distinguished Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2016
    J.Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    She's really improved as a soprano player! Wonderful job!
    Current setups:
    Yamaha YSS-875EX, Rousseau RC3 (refaced by Joe Giardullo), Ishimori lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YAS-875EXS, Rousseau RC4 (refaced by Brian Powell), Ishimori lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YTS-875EX, Rousseau NC4, Ishimori lig, Hemke 3.5
    Unison Black Nickel Bari, Rousseau NC4, BG Tradition lig, Hemke 3.5

  4. #23
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Dr G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    26,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by Saxaholic View Post
    Someone in that lineup needs to get their mechanism adjusted; the clacking was driving me nuts. Get some corks/oil on that thing!
    Hah! I guess I am somewhat immune to that distraction - I used to play bassoon.

    On the other hand, one thing that DOES grab my attention is the squeak of a high hat. <grrrrr>
    Go for The Tone,

    g



    "When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

    As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

  5. #24
    Forum Contributor 2014 AmandasDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ventura, CA.
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    Nice playing, but if she asked you not to post this video then you shouldn't have.
    It's like only having one potato chip!!

  6. #25
    Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    7,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post
    That's a good rule, but not necessarily accurate in this case - You have to know your kid to make that determination...especially with youngsters. And (dare I say it) Especially little girls. They are some of the most baffling creatures in the universe. Interpret a "Don't" incorrectly, and you could be drowned in tears or get the silent treatment for a week....
    She asks him not to post. He does it anyway. And you say that's ok because she's a girl and a baffling creature?

  7. #26
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Dr G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    26,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    She asks him not to post. He does it anyway. And you say that's ok because she's a girl and a baffling creature?
    I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because she is his daughter, and the rest of us don't know her at all.
    Go for The Tone,

    g



    "When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

    As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

  8. #27
    Forum Contributor 2014 AmandasDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ventura, CA.
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    warp x, if I was not extremely proud of her.....and her playing, I would not have posted.
    If I thought she would never speak to me again because I posted, I would not.

    As Dr G stated, I know she is a bit self-conscience when it come to her playing.
    Judge me if it makes you feel better, I'll take my chances.

  9. #28
    Distinguished Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2016
    J.Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because she is his daughter, and the rest of us don't know her at all.
    I only know Augie and Amanda a little bit, but she's a member here. If she really objected, I suspect that we would know. Give the proud papa a break.
    Current setups:
    Yamaha YSS-875EX, Rousseau RC3 (refaced by Joe Giardullo), Ishimori lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YAS-875EXS, Rousseau RC4 (refaced by Brian Powell), Ishimori lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YTS-875EX, Rousseau NC4, Ishimori lig, Hemke 3.5
    Unison Black Nickel Bari, Rousseau NC4, BG Tradition lig, Hemke 3.5

  10. #29
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2017
    Fader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,062
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    She asks him not to post. He does it anyway. And you say that's ok because she's a girl and a baffling creature?
    Yes. I have no problem with that whatsoever. As a non-family member I say it's up to him. He knows his kid... As a father, I understand - as a former child too. Most children need to be encouraged a bit to get the best of them; some require more of a shove...when I was a kid, a half-brick was required to get my attention. And some kids have problems articulating what they want, or are shy, or really want your praise, but are scared to ask. No one in the world knows for sure but the kid...

    parents have been pushing their children out in front of audiences since the first stage was built...

  11. #30
    Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    7,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post

    parents have been pushing their children out in front of audiences since the first stage was built...
    I know. Terrible.
    Anyway, since you all seem so convinced this is perfectly normal I will not post any longer in this thread.

  12. #31
    Sacks Of Phones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Shhhhhhh.........she asked me not to post......

    Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    I know. Terrible.
    Got unresolved issues?
    I play alto because I occasionally have to. I play tenor because I want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •