Sax on the Web Forum banner

Buescher c melody soprano value ( 1917)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cvsimson 
#1 ·
Hi I 'm searching to know how much Buescher c mel could worth ? On e bay there are none, and the difference between the price in USA and in Europe vary a lot. I have searched on the web but I find very difficult to found good information on that.

Lacquer is at 95%. Beautiful piece and the case is very nice too. (original one)
Anybody can help ?

Thanks

Syl

#2 ·
These horns are hard to valuate since they are in low demand.

Here's my experience: I've bought 3 C-sopranos from eBay. All had decent silver plate and very few dents but needed a complete rebuild:

1) 1923 Buescher C-soprano for $385 last year.
2) 1923 Buescher stencil (Wurlitzer) C-soprano $275 about 5 years ago.
3) 1925 Martin C-soprano for $575 earlier this year.

It's all about finding a buyer in the market for a C-soprano. While I've payed rock-bottom prices, I've seen C-sopranos sell for as much as $1200 in perfect playing condition.

JM2C (just my 2 cents)

#3 ·
#4 ·
There are a lot of them on the US ebay most of the time. If it is in good playing condition, maybe $500 but needing work, $100ish. They did not come in lacquer so it can't be original lacquer.
Bruce, did you happen to notice this was a soprano? ;)

I'm looking for one, but am looking for one with a roller G# and a high F.

#5 ·
Buescher c sopranos usually go for around $400 to $500 US for a fixer upper to $700 - $1000 for one is good useable condition. The horn will generally be more attractive if it has the original mouthpiece. The horns I've seen are mostly silver plated so I don't know if that is seen as being advantageous. I purchased a silver plated Conn New Wonder C soprano last year for $410 which needed a full overhaul and all the rods and screws being unfrozen. It had the original case, mouthpiece and ligature all in very good condition. So I would look to be spending say $500 plus postage and a complete workover.

#6 ·
Sorry..I read the text and not the title. I have a great INTUNE Holton C soprano for under $1,000 almost ready. Keyed to High F. I have found the Bueschers in C to be OK, the Conns hard to play in tune and the Martins to be very good. I never buy Conns and find the Holtons to be the best of the Cs although I have not played a King.

#9 ·
Hi everybody, thank for all the answers. In fact I'm not trying to sell my sax, cause if I do I will have a hard time to find another one in that condition. I'm just researching inofrmation about the value and the market. That's all. I like this horn too because the sound is full core and ressemble a lot to selmer sound, wich is not that much the case with a Conn...

#11 ·
While I like my pristine Buescher C soprano saxophone, I wouldn't try to substitute it for an oboe in an orchestra as they just don't sound the same. It appears to be an instrument for a collector as I don't get any calls to play it, but it plays well. It might fit in with an all Buescher saxophone group!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.