Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Forum Contributor 2014 Pete Thomas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Death Contingency Plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    I ask why they are whispering and they look around and then say "I don't want my wife to hear........" Cracks me up every time! It happens more often than you would think.........
    I find this a bit sad, that it is so common for relationships to be like this. Is it the wife being unreasonable to instil so much fear and guilt into the husband, or is the husband unfairly or selfishly prioritising his saxophone/mouthpiece collection above family needs??? Food for thought. I wonder in how many such relationships the wife is doing the same thing, so maybe just owning p on both sides could be a real eye opener and relationship enhancer.
    TamingTheSaxophone.com & PPT Mouthpieces
    Tone Without Tears: No more boring long notes | BEGINNERS' DVD & ONLINE TUTORIALS | CDs, BACKING TRACKS & SHEET MUSIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014 jazzbluescat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IBeOmega View Post
    Type up a list with the model names, measurements and other relevant info, and approximate values of everything you have. Plop that and short instructions (maybe something like 'Hey idiot! Don't sell these to a pawn shop!') in the In Case of Death archive.
    Fortunately I'm young enough that I probably only have to worry about getting hit by buses and things, but my relatives always ask me to help handle this stuff on account of my skills with computers and record-keeping.
    If you're worried that publishing the value of your stuff where your spouse can see it may actually cause your death, there are ways to password protect files and even entire folders. You can then put the location and password in your will and/or goodbye letter.

Having such a list in multiple locations (or the cloud), along with some raw photos of all your gear, is good for insurance as well. The raw photo bit is important: .JPG, .PNG, and other common file formats can be easily edited and as such are not acceptable in court as evidence, while raw files like .TIFF, .CR2, .NEF, and the like are. I only know of one instance of an insurance company challenging someone in my family, but the company got a a lot more cooperative after being answered with several GB of raw photos showing them holding the stuff as proof of ownership.
    You're wise beyond your years. lol And good info. thanks.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...then baffle 'em with bullsh*t.

Dude, Support this Forum.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Bwaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa.......actually I'm laughing with fear in my heart because I know what my wife is capable of. I've been hiding saxes around here for all the years I've been playing and she has no idea how much they and all my raftload of mouthpieces are worth. Maybe I should write a TV script using that idea and pitch it to CSI: New York, Major Crimes or Law & Order: SVU if a man killed by his spouse for saxophone GAS could be considered a Special Victim.

BTW, is it considered cheating if you love your Martin Comm III more than you love your wife? Would that be grounds for divorce?
    ::self-censored::

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456