Introducing: The brand new 10MFAN "BLACK WIDOW" tenor mouthpiece! - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Distinguished SOTW Member CashSax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Introducing: The brand new 10MFAN "BLACK WIDOW" tenor mouthpiece!

I just received my 'Widow, Mark managed to ship it during a freakin' Hurricane..I believe his dedication to customer service is simply second to none.

Now the mpc ?? WOW, WOW and WOW, from the first blow this thing is alive with sound. Very comfortable to play, reed friendly as can be for me. A standard Rico nickel-plate 2 screw fits it like glove. Mine is an 8* it is a KEEPER.

Thanks Mark for this wonderful creation !!

Cash's vintage Demo Recordings circa '99-'03 SF Bay Area www.box.net/cashsax

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Forum Contributor 2016
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CashSax View Post
    I just received my 'Widow, Mark managed to ship it during a freakin' Hurricane..I believe his dedication to customer service is simply second to none.

Now the mpc ?? WOW, WOW and WOW, from the first blow this thing is alive with sound. Very comfortable to play, reed friendly as can be for me. A standard Rico nickel-plate 2 screw fits it like glove. Mine is an 8* it is a KEEPER.

Thanks Mark for this wonderful creation !!
    An 8* is what I reviewed also. I'm really digging mine also........

Distinguished SOTW Member CashSax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BLACK WIDOW is certainly an incredible mouthpiece..but I also like metal mpcs. So for the record I have paired my new 8* Spider Noir with another 10mfan Masterpiece.

I bought a pre-owned metal BOSS #9 while waiting for my Black Widow..I fitted it with a silvered 404 Selmer Lig and the mpc sings BIG TIME. It is another fantastic tenor mouthpiece, the many sound clips are a true testament to how mine sounds..

So now I have the quintessential and wonderful 10mfan mpc problem..which one to play..??

Whether I choose my new 10mfan BLACK WIDOW 8* or my beautiful Gold BOSS #9 I find they are BOTH simply superb.

Over the last 15 yrs on my tenor I have exclusively played both a metal DG and a HR Lakey for a good contrast of feel and style (rubber vs metal if you will) ..I liked having both.

I have now replaced those two mpcs with my new 10mfans, I still have the Metal vs Rubber versatility aspect that I really like a lot..Actually I could easily play either one as my primary mouthpiece.

Mark THANKS !!!

..no MANY THANKS for bringing to the Sax world these fine mouthpieces that do what they claim to do !! They are works of art in my book..

CHEERS from Las Vegas to you and Eric for your fine work and we all look forward to your newest creations coming down the pipeline..

Cash Farrar
    Miniatures attachées Miniatures attachées DCP_3893.jpg  
    Last edited by CashSax; 09-14-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Cash's vintage Demo Recordings circa '99-'03 SF Bay Area www.box.net/cashsax

Forum Contributor 2007-2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, guys!!!

I just got this email from another new owner of the Black Widow mouthpiece.

"Hi Mark!

First of all I hope that the Irma hurricane did not hit yourself and your area to badly! Really I hope that you're OK !¸¸.....
    Finally I received yesterday the B Widow mouthpiece........thank you for your shipping considering all the problems in Texas and in your country.
    I'm telling you: for me it's the most versatile and easy mouthpiece to blow: it's simply incredible!
    I don't fight anymore with the high register...............I can give the color that I want with this fantastic baffle/chamber!!

Sincerely,
    Guy Boutin"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Todays great email about the BW:

"Hey Mark, the Black Widow arrived yesterday, wow - only 2 days from Florida to Washington.
    I was glad it came that fast because I had a gig last night and wanted to give it a real test run. After it arrived I had a little time to play it and compare it to my RPC .115 B that I usually play. Initial impressions were very favorable. The BW had a nice sounding but more focused low end. Playing two long sets last night I thought I would play the Black Widow for a set then the RPC so I could have a valid "field test" comparison between the two.
    Long story short, I was having so much fun playing the BW that I never switched, I just played the BW all night.

After the gig I got several cool compliments on my sound. One in particular: our guitar player, who seldom has much to say about my sax playing, came up to me and said I was playing better than he had ever heard me play. Yes the BW helps give a great tone from top to bottom and the altissimo (something I struggle with) pops out easily, but I think it goes beyond that. When the gear is working well and giving the musician what he needs with no obstacles, the musician relaxes and creativity happens, taking the mind and the fingers to new places. I felt that happening last night, really a special and memorable night. I spent more time in the land of "soft and sultry" and less time in the land of "honk and scream". Did plenty of honking and screaming too, and the BW handled that really well. Anyway, this BW really inspired me last night, and people noticed. That's really cool!

I can say this is truly a great and solid performing mouthpiece. It may become my one true mouthpiece love, time will tell...

Thank you for creating a fantastic piece!

Gordon Benson"

I feel very privileged to have so many people enjoying my mouthpieces. It’s really a dream come true. If you haven’t checked them out, there is nothing like them in the marketplace and lots of audios on my website for you to hear the different sounds available from each model.

www.10mfan.com

Forum Contributor 2013-2017
    Watertown, MA or Grand Cayman depending on the weather
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sat in with a jazz group I play with often, and the leader turns to me after a few tunes and asks, are you playing on a new mouthpiece? I was playing my new BW. He says, "You sound great. I think you have something there." I'm digging this piece more every day.
    Selmer Mark VI tenor, Yamaha 82zUL tenor, Yamaha YAS62 alto, Yamaha YSS475 soprano, Cannonball Vintage Reborn soprano, Yamaha WX5 wind synthesizer, various blues harps (Mississippi saxes), ocarina, didgeridoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad to hear this! It’s always nice when others hear a difference in your sound. I am so glad you are enjoying the mouthpiece. I have had such great success with the Merlot, Robusto, and Black Widow. I really feel like everybody who likes hard rubber pieces could find their perfect piece between these three.
    My new Classic model which will be out in the next six weeks or so will really grab the vintage guys for sure. Those guys looking for that beautiful warm and full, focused sound will go crazy for this piece.

So pleased with my hard rubber mouthpieces. Onto alto pieces for this winter!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10