Sax on the Web Forum banner

Classical Competitions

39K views 35 replies 28 participants last post by  Saxowatdeekrap 
#1 ·
The requested Stickied thread.

Post any classical competitions you see in here. Please mind that our readership is made up of saxophone players :D.

#31 ·
I'm not sure I understand the first question, is it an implication that judging is rigged or biased by the sax companies that sponsor it?
And to the second question, not pedagogically, that's for sure. My teacher is actually plays a Yani and a vandoren mouthpiece and teaches at UCLA.

Anyways, I was going to do the redlands competition but I missed the deadline this year. Is there anything else in California or even in the US? Lol.

#32 ·
II Międzynarodowy Konkurs Saksofonowy, Łódź 2012
II International Sax Competiton, Łódź (Poland) 2012

Competition will be held on 28 April- 4 May 2012
The main awards are the alto and soprano saxophones's SELMER
The competition is a three-stage, will be held in two age groups:
First - for born after 4 may 1991
Second- for born after 4 May 1983

Program Second Group:
1 round:
Piet Swerts - Klonos Ascolta
and
Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach - Sonata a-moll flute solo, cz. I i II urtext/VEB F. Hofmeister, Musikverlag, Leipzig
Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita a-moll na flet solo cz.I i II urtext/Peters
or
Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita a-moll flute solo cz.I i II urtext/Peters

2 round:
Ida Gotkovsky - Variations Pathetique, cz. 6

and 1 from:
Luciano Berio - Sequenza IXb
Luciano Berio - Sequenza VIIb (sopran)
Ryo Noda - Improwizacje (2 z 3)
Christian Lauba - Etiuda (choice of one)
Giacinto Scelsi - Tre pezzi
Karlheinz Stockhausen - In Freundschaft
Fuminori Tanada - Mysterious Morning III (sopran)

and 1 from:

Jean Absil - Sonate
Roger Boutry - Divertimento
Jacques Charpentier - Gavambodi II
Philip Decruck - Sonate
Edison Denisov - Sonate
Alfred Desenclos - Prelude, Cadence et Finale
Andrzej Dutkiewicz - Danse Triste (PWM)
Frank Martin - Ballade
Boris Mersson - Fantasia
Henri Sauget - Sonatine bucolique
Florent Schmitt - Legende op. 66
Erwin Schulhoff - Hot Sonate
Heitor Villa Lobos - Fantasia (soprano)
Takashi Yoshimatsu - Fuzzy Bird Sonata
Phil Woods - Sonata

3 round:

Roman Palester - Concertino (PWM)

and one from:
Aleksander Głazunow - Concerto Leduc/Barenreiter
Jacques Ibert - Concertino da camera Leduc
Lars-Erik Larsson - Koncert, cz. II i III Gehrmans

Program competition in Polish http://www.amuz.lodz.pl/dmdocuments/program_sax_pl.pdf

Enjoy :)

#33 ·
There will be an International Saxophone Symposium and Competition hosted at the Schwob School of Music (Columbus, GA) in October of 2012. I heard the awards for first prize might include a saxophone and generous cash. I think Claude Delangle will be a featured soloist. Definitely something you guys might want to check out! Stay tuned for more info!

#34 ·
The International Saxophone Symposium And Competition (ISSAC) will be held October 25-28, 2012 at Columbus State University's Schwob School of Music in Columbus, GA.
This is a brand new event that features a classical competition (age limit is under 30), a recital by Claude Delangle and masterclasses by Mr. Delangle, Cliff Leaman, Joe Lulloff, and Tim McAllister. There will also be an Exhibit Hall open throughout the event.
The competition judges are Jan Baker, Griff Campbell, Otis Murphy, Julia Nolan, and Steve Stusek. The first deadline for the competition is June 15, 2012 and requires the submission of a recording (see website for rep) and $50.
For more information, please check out ISSAC's website: http://music.columbusstate.edu/events/saxophone/
For regular updates on the event, please "like" ISSAC on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/7sh3kfg
You can also follow ISSAC on Twitter: http://tinyurl.com/872zork

#35 · (Edited)
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF YOUNG PERFORMERS
"GOLDEN SAXOPHONE OF ODESSA"

Ukraine, 65007
Odessa
Panteleymonovskaya str. 88/1 of. 42
E-mail: saxanna@inbox.ru

??l-fax: +38 048 784 15 73
??l. +38 093 516 52 82
http://goldensax.od.ua
http://www.facebook.com/groups/147885032023963/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Department of Culture and Tourism of Odessa Municipality, the South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky, The Academy of music named after professor P.S. Stolyarsky, Organizing committee invite saxophonists in age to 25 years old to participate in the First international competition «Gold saxophone of Odessa», dedicated to 80th anniversary of The Musical School named after professor P.S. Stolyarsky. The Festival-competition is held under patronage of the governor of Odessa region Edward Matviychuk.

Sax contest runs from 31 October to 4 November 2013
Venue: of The Musical School named after professor P.S. Stolyarsky, the Southern Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky.
Age groups:
1. To 17.
2. from 18 to 25
Members of jury are: Alain Crepin (Belgium), Margarita Shaposhnikova (Russia), Yuriy Vasilevich (Ukraine), Nikita Zimin (Russia-France) and famous composer Maestro Roberto Marino (Italy).
The jury awards the "Winner" of 1,2,3 degree, the "Diplomant" of 1,2 and 3th degree in every age group and awards the Grand Prix (SAXOPHONE).
All participants are awarded by diplomas and souvenirs.
Participants pay transportation costs and accommodation independently. In case of need the organizing committee can book the hotel according to the preliminary application. Participation fee: Junior group - 50 Euros, the Senior group - 70 Euros (at the rate of NBU).
Application are accepted till: 1.06.2013 to the address: Ukraine, Odessa, 65007 Panteleymonovskaya St., 88/1 ?f. 42. Bodies faxes +38 048 784 15 73, saxanna@inbox.ru
The author of the project - the Winner of the international competitions, saxophone teacher of the Southern Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynskiy - Anna Stepanova

Program:
Junior group
I tour:
1. Composition of classical repertoire of a large form (sonatina, sonata, concert, concertino)
For example: * L.Vinci, * J.S.Bach's Sonata g moll *or other work of classical repertoire of a large form on a choice of the participant, corresponding to his preparation.
2. Popular piece:
For example: * Z.Abreu "Tiko-tiko" * V. Kerma «Rudi's Fingers» * P. Itturalde «Pequena Czardas»
* J. France of «5 exotic dances» * A.Rivchun «The concert etude»
* or other virtuosic piece on a choice of the participant, corresponding to his preparation
II round:
1. Roberto Marino "Latin partita" (notes will be sent after contribution transfer).
2. The play of that country which is represented by the participant (duration: 5-7 minutes)
Senior group
I tour
1. The composition of a large form on a choice of the participant
For example: * Pierre-Max Dubois Concertino
* A.Desenclos «Prelude, cadence, final»
* G. Kalinkovich «A concert capriccio on the subject of Paganini»
* or other work of a large form on a choice of the participant, corresponding to this level of complexity
2. The popular virtuosic piece on a choice of the participant
For example:
* P. Itturalde «Suite Hellenique» * J. Matitia Devil's Rag *or other virtuosic piece on a choice of the participant, corresponding to this level of complexity.
II round:
1. Roberto Marino "Rastrelli toccata"
2. The piece of the composer of the country which is represented by the participant (duration: 5-7 minutes)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.