U.K. to US shipping & insurance help

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Eradium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default U.K. to US shipping & insurance help

    Hello SOTW,

    I am purchasing a saxophone from the U.K. and the purchase is being held up because the seller can't find a service to insure the package for its full value. What services are there that are the "go-to" place for shipping internationally from the U.K. to the US? I wish I was more familiar with the U.K. Post system but I have no idea how to help him out.

    Thanks,
    James
    1934 Buescher New Aristocrat alto, 267,xxx "outback rescue horn"
    1922 Buescher True Tone "The Buescher" alto, 99,xxx, garden variety
    1933 Buescher New Aristocrat alto, 265,xxx, silver, 01 neck

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor 2014 Pete Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southampton, UK
    Posts
    22,993
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: U.K. to US shipping & insurance help

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradium View Post
    Hello SOTW,

    I am purchasing a saxophone from the U.K. and the purchase is being held up because the seller can't find a service to insure the package for its full value. What services are there that are the "go-to" place for shipping internationally from the U.K. to the US? I wish I was more familiar with the U.K. Post system but I have no idea how to help him out.
    The UK post system won't be of much use, Parcelforce only cover up to about £200 for musical instrments.

    Your best bet is to try something like P4D, cover up to £10000 (edited typo) at about 2%.

    http://www.p4d.co.uk/faq-insurance-claims

    BUT

    They have a special clause about extra packaging for instruments. Which is a good thing.
    TamingTheSaxophone.com & PPT Mouthpieces
    Tone Without Tears: No more boring long notes | BEGINNERS' DVD & ONLINE TUTORIALS | CDs, BACKING TRACKS & SHEET MUSIC

  3. #3
    Eradium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: U.K. to US shipping & insurance help

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Thomas View Post
    The UK post system won't be of much use, Parcelforce only cover up to about £200 for musical instrments.

    Your best bet is to try something like P4D, cover up to £1000 at about 2%.

    http://www.p4d.co.uk/faq-insurance-claims

    BUT

    They have a special clause about extra packaging for instruments. Which is a good thing.
    That helps a bunch! Will report back with any further questions
    1934 Buescher New Aristocrat alto, 267,xxx "outback rescue horn"
    1922 Buescher True Tone "The Buescher" alto, 99,xxx, garden variety
    1933 Buescher New Aristocrat alto, 265,xxx, silver, 01 neck

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor 2014 Pete Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southampton, UK
    Posts
    22,993
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: U.K. to US shipping & insurance help

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradium View Post
    That helps a bunch! Will report back with any further questions
    Sorry, typo, cover up to £10,000
    TamingTheSaxophone.com & PPT Mouthpieces
    Tone Without Tears: No more boring long notes | BEGINNERS' DVD & ONLINE TUTORIALS | CDs, BACKING TRACKS & SHEET MUSIC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge