Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
    Distinguished SOTW Member shmuelyosef's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clark Fobes interview

Whether you are familiar with his products or not, THIS INTERVIEW is fascinating. I have used his mouthpiece on clarinet for some time.

They both talk slow...I watched it at 1.5X and 2X and had no problem understanding
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading" --- Henny Youngman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Clark Fobes interview

Clark is a really nice guy, who makes terrific products. His clarinet mouthpieces are top notch as are his barrels and accessories. His sax mouthpieces are not widely known, but are also worth checking out. We are lucky to have someone like him working to make our job as musicians just that little bit easier.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard this too, highly informative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing. I have his clarinet mouthpiece and barrel, and bass clarinet mouthpiece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting this. I have bought about 30 of his Debut mouthpieces for school band students. They are fantastic. About ten years ago I called him up and got one of his handmade mouthpieces from him personally. He was super helpful on the phone, and a nice guy. I am from Northern California, and even 15 years ago it seemed like everyone was playing his barrels.

Distinguished SOTW Member shmuelyosef's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nathan61 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I have bought about 30 of his Debut mouthpieces for school band students. They are fantastic. About ten years ago I called him up and got one of his handmade mouthpieces from him personally. He was super helpful on the phone, and a nice guy. I am from Northern California, and even 15 years ago it seemed like everyone was playing his barrels.
    I have lived in Northern California (mid-peninsula) as well...since 1975. I still use his Debut mouthpiece on bass clarinet as I've found nothing better. I haven't actually tried his barrels (I play old Selmers and the barrels are fine), but have a couple of his San Francisco model mouthpieces (4L and JAZZ facings). He is a good guy and a real contributor to the clarinet community.
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading" --- Henny Youngman