Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Changes in SOTW ownership

To all Sax on the Web members and followers:

I am sad and also pleased to inform you that SOTW will be now operated under new ownership.

We will be partnered with Verticalscope (VS) – they will take over the hosting, technical support and financial stuff related to the site. I have been working with several people from Verticalscope; they are a great bunch of folks and have assured us that nothing will change on our end. They have transferred the site over to their servers and we are on a fast enough machine/host to keep things moving along at the speeds where they should be.

I apologize for not discussing this prior to making this move, but I was not allowed to as a part of the transfer. I did it knowing that VS has a huge network of sites over 200 and the resources to support and maintain SOTW and keep us running and updated as needed.

It’s been a pleasure and honor creating this site and working with you guys and the members at large. I started the Sax on the Web site in 1996, and a couple years later came the SOTW Forum.

There are so many people who helped in the beginning by encouraging, and by providing content and direction to the site: Paul Coats, Tim Price, John Laughter, Skip Spratt, Neil Sharpe, and many others.

We had and still have a group of amazingly dedicated administrators and moderators, saxophonists who took Sax on the Web Forum to their heart and as their home:

Pete Hales, Gandalf, Kim (Cartoons and French section), Saxismyaxe (The current Chief Admin) and the rest of our current admin team. I trust that they will continue to stay around, and keep the forum content professionally managed.

The notes and greetings I have gotten over the years from so many members has made this a tough decision to make, you have no idea how hard this was to do. I just felt that after twenty years it was more and more difficult to focus my full attention to the site. But I am not going to walk away. The people at Verticalscope did ask me to stick around, and that I will certainly do. Now I may have more time to participate in saxophone and music discussion rather than chasing spammers and fixing technical problems.

VS are going to keep the domain on their server bank and I have great trust in their technical competency as demonstrated over the years. I had assurances that our forum will remain the SOTW Forum, to be run as we always have, and they will run the business/technical side of the site. I trust the VS with help of SOTW moderators will be running a tidy ship, no politics/brand bashing and always member respect.

You guys and your feedback have meant the world to me; one pro saxophonist in Finland told me that I am perhaps the best known Finnish sax player outside Finland . Not really, I guess he is Eero Koivistoinen.

Anyway, the last thing I would want would be to lose your respect and friendship, and I hope you understand my reason for doing this, and I really think this will be a positive move for Sax on the Web; these folks are committed to SOTW growing and letting us/you continue on as you have.

Yours truly,

Harri Rautiainen

Administrator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Changes in SOTW ownership

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for Verticalscope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for SaxOnTheWeb.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Lets please contiue the conversaion here: https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...SOTW-ownership

Thanks,

Philip

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Changes in SOTW ownership

Quote Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
    Hello everyone,

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip
    Thanks, Phil:

SOTW members: Please post your possible comments to:
    https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...SOTW-ownership