Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease? - Page 2
Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Forum Contributor 2016 MrBlueNote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Thanks for updating us with your cardiologist's medical opinion. Good to have an expert weigh in on this subject. Be well!
    "Jazz is people playing weird s#*t on the V and then resolving to the I."

    -My teacher

  2. #22
    SOTW Administrator hakukani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    big island Hawaii
    Posts
    25,418
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Mercola is NOT a reliable source for health information.
    *quack, quack*
    Sound guy theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- 3dB)
    Sax player theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- .010" at the tip)
    "Free jazz is the vegemite of the musical world. It's an acquired taste."-J. Jacques

  3. #23
    Jazz Is All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Es Pain in Yer Up
    Posts
    27,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyboltone View Post
    This stuff drives me wild. Without seeing the methodology how can one conclude anything from such drivel? Did they control for burrito trucks? How about genetic factors. Any heart disease in the family I wonder? I expect one could correlate chewing gum and heart disease actually. Did they control for people who were exposed to loud noise and DIDN'T have CAD? Maybe it's just vapor trails.....in the sky......from the government.
    I didn't see this post until now and I'm having quite a laugh with it. The burrito trucks and chewing gum are really classic points. Touché. I really think it was the cheesburger I ate at that place that night that did it. I usually don't eat beef anymore and that thing was big and juicy with great fries. As I was leaving I felt a bit overfull and then wham-O the buger triggered the attack I bet. LOL.
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

  4. #24
    MLucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Anyway, today when I saw my cardiologist I asked him about this noise thing and he said that the evidence on that is scarely conclusive of anything corrolation and it would be more likely the amount of stress a person felt in that environment rather than the noise itself. Mix in smoking, drinking, drugs and sex and certainly a loud disco or bar scene could cause enough stress over time to give someone heart problems....especially the staff. So yeah, I accept your take on it and won't worry about this other than to protect my ears more and getting more sleep and not closing the bar every time I go. After all it's a jam, not a gig. Being a night owl all my life might not be good now that I'm in my 7th decade. Ya think?
    Wait, you actually asked a cardiologist? You didn't want to just trust the advice of Some Random Guy on the Internet (ie, me)?

    You're a wise man. My guess is you'll make it to your 8th decade, and then some.

  5. #25
    Distinguished SOTW Slacker
    Forum Contributor 2017
    skyboltone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLucky View Post
    Wait, you actually asked a cardiologist? You didn't want to just trust the advice of Some Random Guy on the Internet (ie, me)?

    You're a wise man. My guess is you'll make it to your 8th decade, and then some.
    I'll have no more thinking around here! *




    *Famous line by King Henry II to his henchmen when he was having so much trouble with The Archbishop of Canterbury in the movie Becket. O'Tool and Burton 1964
    The last of the world's great human beings. Well maybe next to last? Ok a perfectly ordinary slacker, but I'm getting better.
    Vito Stencil Beaugnier 39T Tenor, Fender David Gilmour Stratocaster, Selmer Centered Tone Bb Clarinet, Piano, 3rd grader tonette (STILL), Bach student Trumpet, Altec VOT Model 19 components in DIY cabs....tube electronics. Two dang airplanes in pieces in the hangar.

  6. #26
    Jazz Is All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Es Pain in Yer Up
    Posts
    27,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLucky View Post
    Wait, you actually asked a cardiologist? You didn't want to just trust the advice of Some Random Guy on the Internet (ie, me)?

    You're a wise man. My guess is you'll make it to your 8th decade, and then some.
    Opinions on internet are like ********, everyone has one. Dumb thing is that I still fall into believing some scientific claim simply because it appears in the form of a Research study or has the name of some laboratory on it. I know better than that....I stopped selecting my doctors from matchbook covers.....and no longer ask for medical advice in the personal section of Craig's List although that Thai Masseuse I found that way really did know her way around the human body.

    Anyway, the most important thing my cardiologist told me yesterday was that I should wait awhile to play the sax because my breastbone is still not fully knit and healed and the pressure of playing could cause problems. I already knew it but was trying to get a time frame for when but he just said to wait till he and my surgeon gave the green light. Same for driving.

    Actually, the hell with loud noise being a factor, because driving in this city causes more stress than just about anything given the blood-boiling anger, frustration and aggressivity it can cause. I constantly have to take a chill pill when in traffic here because it's impossible not to get pissed off with the way these asssholes drive and the antiquated and horribly managed traffic control system that creates jams instead of the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboltone View Post
    I'll have no more thinking around here! *




    *Famous line by King Henry II to his henchmen when he was having so much trouble with The Archbishop of Canterbury in the movie Becket. O'Tool and Burton 1964
    Yes, thought is out now in the New America. Just say whatever comes to mind and it'll be the truth, alternative or otherwise.
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

  7. #27
    Distinguished SOTW Slacker
    Forum Contributor 2017
    skyboltone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Opinions on internet are like ********, everyone has one. Dumb thing is that I still fall into believing some scientific claim simply because it appears in the form of a Research study or has the name of some laboratory on it. I know better than that....I stopped selecting my doctors from matchbook covers.....and no longer ask for medical advice in the personal section of Craig's List although that Thai Masseuse I found that way really did know her way around the human body.

    Anyway, the most important thing my cardiologist told me yesterday was that I should wait awhile to play the sax because my breastbone is still not fully knit and healed and the pressure of playing could cause problems. I already knew it but was trying to get a time frame for when but he just said to wait till he and my surgeon gave the green light. Same for driving.

    Actually, the hell with loud noise being a factor, because driving in this city causes more stress than just about anything given the blood-boiling anger, frustration and aggressivity it can cause. I constantly have to take a chill pill when in traffic here because it's impossible not to get pissed off with the way these asssholes drive and the antiquated and horribly managed traffic control system that creates jams instead of the opposite.


    Yes, thought is out now in the New America. Just say whatever comes to mind and it'll be the truth, alternative or otherwise.
    I think, but do not KNOW, that the aircraft carrier flight deck is still the loudest working environment. I would imagine it is right up there on the stress scale as well but I'm unaware of anything like a large scale correlation to death by myocardial infarction for flight deck workers. Frequent and gruesome death due to click bait on the other hand is well known. ;o( Studies proving links between the frustrations of re-moving malware and subsequent heart attack while re-loading windows are rather commonplace. I long for an analog world.
    The last of the world's great human beings. Well maybe next to last? Ok a perfectly ordinary slacker, but I'm getting better.
    Vito Stencil Beaugnier 39T Tenor, Fender David Gilmour Stratocaster, Selmer Centered Tone Bb Clarinet, Piano, 3rd grader tonette (STILL), Bach student Trumpet, Altec VOT Model 19 components in DIY cabs....tube electronics. Two dang airplanes in pieces in the hangar.

  8. #28
    Jazz Is All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Es Pain in Yer Up
    Posts
    27,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by skyboltone View Post
    I think, but do not KNOW, that the aircraft carrier flight deck is still the loudest working environment. I would imagine it is right up there on the stress scale as well but I'm unaware of anything like a large scale correlation to death by myocardial infarction for flight deck workers. Frequent and gruesome death due to click bait on the other hand is well known. ;o( Studies proving links between the frustrations of re-moving malware and subsequent heart attack while re-loading windows are rather commonplace. I long for an analog world.
    Windows by itself has caused more cases of sudden psychotic episodes, suicide and computers thrown out of windows and off cliffs than any other cause. It reaches a peak everytime a new version has come out and dazed users loose it while trying to find features that are now hidden from view in illogical places.
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

  9. #29
    Distinguished SOTW Slacker
    Forum Contributor 2017
    skyboltone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Windows by itself has caused more cases of sudden psychotic episodes, suicide and computers thrown out of windows and off cliffs than any other cause. It reaches a peak everytime a new version has come out and dazed users loose it while trying to find features that are now hidden from view in illogical places.
    Amen my brother. You inform the choir. Recipe for a long life; Drink small amounts of red wine and single malt while avoiding the internet, but not all three at once.
    The last of the world's great human beings. Well maybe next to last? Ok a perfectly ordinary slacker, but I'm getting better.
    Vito Stencil Beaugnier 39T Tenor, Fender David Gilmour Stratocaster, Selmer Centered Tone Bb Clarinet, Piano, 3rd grader tonette (STILL), Bach student Trumpet, Altec VOT Model 19 components in DIY cabs....tube electronics. Two dang airplanes in pieces in the hangar.

  10. #30
    Forum Contributor 2015-2016 SHOZZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    10,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Windows by itself has caused more cases of sudden psychotic episodes, suicide and computers thrown out of windows and off cliffs than any other cause. It reaches a peak everytime a new version has come out and dazed users loose it while trying to find features that are now hidden from view in illogical places.
    Michael if you read this, your in box is full. In answer to your last question..... No it was never mentioned.

  11. #31
    Jazz Is All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Es Pain in Yer Up
    Posts
    27,618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by SHOZZA View Post
    Michael if you read this, your in box is full. In answer to your last question..... No it was never mentioned.
    Rob, I just emptied my PM box. sorry about that.
    'How far y'all going?' Ruby asked us with a sigh.
    'We're going all the way 'till the wheels fall off and burn.
    Till the sun peels the paint and the seat covers fade and the water moccasin dies'.

  12. #32
    Forum Contributor 2015-2016 SHOZZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    10,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Did You Know That Loud Noise (including music) Raises Your Risk of Heart Disease?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Is All View Post
    Rob, I just emptied my PM box. sorry about that.

    Cheers Michael.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge