Sax on the Web Forum banner

JW York & Son C-Melody

7K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  cvsimson 
#1 ·
I finally picked up a C-Melody tonight. JW York & Son (CH Jerome) Grand Rapids, MI

It's silver and appears to be in good shape, though I'll know more once it arrives.

It should go well with my Alto York (that one is one the bench being restored along with my Hardwood Pro)

It's not listed on Horn-U-Copia, although there are others with the CH Jerome marking.

Anyone have an more info on these or the CH Jerome marking? Based on the serial number, it appears to be from around 1915

#3 ·
If it was made in Grand Rapids MI during the early 1900's it's a 'real' York and not a stencil.
An old guy that used to play in my community bad has a silver alto of similar age. It's a sweet little horn and your C Melody should play nicely once it's gone over. :)

#8 ·
The sax arrived yesterday. It needs new pads for sure, and a little adjustment. Overall, it's in good shape. I was able to get a few notes out of it, but a more than a few pads are in pretty bad shape. It's motivated me to get the Hardwood Pro Alto completed and off the bench, so I can get this one re-padded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.