well, the progress has been slow the past few days, but I managed to get a few more things done.
I have to order the needle springs, pads, and figure out where to get a few of the correct screws for the rods.
I also have to figure out how to get a few of the rod screws out which are seized up. Any suggestions here?
I spent about an hour trying to work the dent out of the bow using stuff I had around the house/garage. This has been a very tedious task, especially considering I've never done this before, but I'm happy with the progress. I'm working it very slowly so as not to damage the tone hole(s) or overstretch anything. Surprisingly, the tone hole that was pulled out of round by that dent has come back into round(er) just by working that dent. With any luck, it'll be damn near round by the time I finish the dent.
Here's some before and after of the dent progress thus far. There's still lots of work to do, but I'm getting somewhere. I started to address the cottage cheese dents and the other bow dent while I was there just to divert my attention from the main dent when I got frustrated and needed to refocus.