WTB: used Selmer Paris necks (Ref 36, 54 mainly), also used Jessen & Gloger for SBA, MKVI, later models

Distinguished SOTW Technician ptung's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WTB: used Selmer Paris necks (Ref 36, 54 mainly), also used Jessen & Gloger for SBA, MKVI, later models

Hi all,

Interested in used necks for vintage (& some modern) Selmer saxos -- Ref 36 necks, Ref 54 necks whose tip openings are in the .504 range (not the .498 range), Gloger necks, possibly Jessen necks.

If it's a good deal, I will jump.

Trades & partial trades possible as well.

- many thanks -

(email link on my site in my sig -- I might get PMs in a timely fashion, but can't guarantee it. Another way: just put "inquiries" in front of my site addy, and your mail will reach me.)
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WTB: used Selmer Paris necks (Ref 36, 54 mainly), also used Jessen & Gloger for SBA, MKVI, later models

Am seeking lacquered or silverplated.

Matte 54 necks are of interest, but probably only in trade value, and again the tip opening measurement really matters.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WTB: used Selmer Paris necks (Ref 36, 54 mainly), also used Jessen & Gloger for SBA, MKVI, later models

Still in the market, & open minded.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got in a lacquer ref36 tenor neck....

http://secondhandsaxes.com.au/necks.html

not sure what you are asking about tip measurements though,so you will have to guide me...!

cheers,philip
    philip from down-under
    secondhandsaxes.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in 36 necks, but can get 54 and 36 wholesale, & that price is not a lot under the new/wholesale price.

Thanks, though.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucky man....!
    the prices here are in aussie dollars...?
    cheers,philip
    Quote Originally Posted by ptung View Post
    but can get 54 and 36 wholesale
    philip from down-under
    secondhandsaxes.com.au

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you like also my , very likely repaired, SA 80 ( I or II, it says always only SA 80 on it)? Let me know.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...-neck-for-sale
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    would you like also my , very likely repaired, SA 80 ( I or II, it says always only SA 80 on it)? Let me know.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...-neck-for-sale
    Thanks, milandro - pretty much just seeking Ref 54, 36 & custom handmade (Jessen, Boesken, KB, Gloger) for my SBA. I got to play a Jessen (thank you, SH!) and liked it a lot. Not looking at SIII or SA80/II at the moment, but will keep that in mind if that changes.

Thanks, secondhand. Yes: that's taking conversion into account.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

email sent

Forum Contributor 2015-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ptung View Post
    Interested in used necks for vintage (& some modern) Selmer saxos -- Ref 36 necks, Ref 54 necks whose tip openings are in the .504 range (not the .498 range)...
    Good call. I had a similar experience with Ref necks. I got lucky, the one that came on my Ref 36 was the best of a dozen+ that I tried - it measured ID = .510".
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

As a Veteran for Peace, I am already against the next war.

Forum Contributor 2015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 5 digit VI tenor necks..96XXX belonged to Bob Sheppard and a non numbered French neck with low hinge plate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    Good call. I had a similar experience with Ref necks. I got lucky, the one that came on my Ref 36 was the best of a dozen+ that I tried - it measured ID = .510".
    Just curious Dr G, why are referencing ID? Isn't the neck tenon OD what matters for fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guto View Post
    Just curious Dr G, why are referencing ID? Isn't the neck tenon OD what matters for fit?
    Oh, I see, that's the ID at the mouthpiece end. Not used to seeing it quoted in inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post

Thanks for the replies -- and thanks Novaport for the excellent Schucht necks! I bought a couple of necks from Novaport -- an "Old French" and one with screw-in sleeves -- and am a big fan of them. The screw-in is outstanding on my SBA.

Dr. G - The Ref 54s usually go in the neighborhood of .498 to .506 or so. I've always liked the .504 range ones the best, but I like less resistance -- not none, but not as much as the .498 range ones usually have, though I'm sure those are someone else's cup of tea. The 36 ones I've seen have been .509 & greater. Interestingly, the P. Mauriat, my Crescent "Custom," & Eastman are on the "very large" size at .513 and greater. Although people talk about Conn Chus, etc., being "large bore," I think the tip opening on those necks is on the smaller side compared to these latter modern horns (but I might be misremembering, am not at the shop and don't have calipers at the moment).

I'm still open to buying more necks! I picked up Ref 54 and Schucht, but am still interested in Kim Bock, Jessen, Boesken, Gloger, and other hand made necks in particular.

Trades are possible.

Swaps for trial (no purchase, just swap necks for the fun & edification of trying more things) are also possible.

I have Ref 54 (for sale or trial), Crescent "Custom," P. Mauriat Super VI, and more available.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saxmanpete View Post
    I have 2 5 digit VI tenor necks..96XXX belonged to Bob Sheppard and a non numbered French neck with low hinge plate...
    Price?

You can reach me directly by putting "inquiries@" in front of my website addy.
    -----------------------
    www.justsaxes.com

Forum Contributor 2015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my necks are listed on SOTW...saxmanpete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a solid silver series III neck I'd like to get rid of. It's awesome but I got a new horn and it doesn't fit so well.