[Admin] SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hi, tried to post here yesterday but it still hasn't appeared.

Short version, I work in television in L.A. Played the sax for a few years back when I was a teenager before my mom sold my sax while I was away at college (still mad about it)

I've spent the intervening years playing the guitar, bass and piano as a hobbyist, but now I've itching to get playing the sax again, especially now that I moved out of an apartment building and bought a house where I can play a loud instrument without driving everybody crazy

Still shopping for my first "new" sax to get back into it, so I've been lurking on here for a few weeks while I'm working up the courage to buy something, trying to gain some of the wisdom of the crowds

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I play for fun, and I still am learning altissimo on alto.

any advice or tricks for me would be greatly appreciated. (pm)

I am a yamaha geek, love their pro models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm a saxophone manufacture. My father has been doing it for about 30 years.
    He has a lot influences on me, and I'm also interested in saxophone, so I follow his step.
    Now, we have our own saxophone brand called "Skytone".
    We held Skytone brand launch event in Philippines in June of this year.
    We are always on the way to be better and trying hard to provide excellent sax to customers.
    Anyway, I'm so glad to join SOTW.
    Below is our fan page.
    https://www.facebook.com/SkytoneSax/?rc=p
    Last edited by skytonesaxophone; 09-05-2017 at 01:31 AM. Reason: incorrect character

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone :-) I'm Keri & I've played sax for nearly 30 years now (eek!) and joined the forum hoping to find a new home for my original york soprano which has been languishing in a box since I bought it 20+ yeas ago... It looks like new members can't make new listings in the for sale section though (unless I'm being dim!) so may have to try ebay, which would be a shame :-/ or maybe wait 6 months and reply to 50 posts on here before I can list something? Which is also a shame (!) as this seems really a great place to find someone who would be interested in more unusual and more collector items :-) Ah well :-) Maybe see you in 6 months! Cheerie :-) Keri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I'm Roger. I Live in rural South Australia. I just joined to be part of the community from my isolated part of the world. I play sax and clarinet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Nicola. saxophone big lover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me how to start a new forum cause I'm really confused with all this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I´m a long time lurker who finally decided to do the right thing and introduce myself. I have rediscovered the sax during the last couple of years, after having had a long hiatus due to work, family etc. I play the tenor and a bit of baritone in an amateur soul/funk band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, my name is QA and i live in Hanoi. I'm a saxophone lover who just have learned to play for around 9 months. Really happy to be a part of SOTW community and i'm looking forward to receiving a lot of wonderful advice from you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

My name is Jonathan, and I am in Sydney Australia. I do not play the saxophone, nor do I have any intention of doing so. However, there is some crossover value to discussing here my feeble attempts to play jazz on the trumpet. I am currently prying my way into the mysteries of chordal improvisation, with only limited success. I should, of course, join one of the trumpet forums first, but, you know. Trumpeters. Pf.

Rgds
    Jonathan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am Keith. Melbourne Australia. I played the Sax many years ago and am looking to buy one and try my hand at it again.

This is also my first ever forum I have joined, as such I am not very 'Tech Savy' , am willing to hear advice on any errors I make.

My very first question ....

I am looking at buying a CONN Tenor Saxophone. It is USA made with minor dents in the 'U' bend and I have been informed the serial number is C981130V ? but I can not find any reference to that number in any search I do.

Happy for any information that can be given.

Keith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! Have loved this site for years and...full disclosure...on occasion i have spent entire Saturdays in pjs just surfing SOTW content. Started on clarinet in HS, then picked up sax in the 80s to play in rock bands, now also playing for fun in a swing band and a jazz quintet. I've learned a lot just reading posts, so much thanks to you all for sharing your wisdom and thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, I've been reading information from this site for a couple of years and find most of the info here really helpful. My mid life goal was when I turned 50 was to learn the sax, one of the best decisions that I've made. I love it. The only trouble is that i have to control my urges to keep buying saxes and mouthpieces. I currently have a Pierret Super Artiste alto, Amati Super Classic soprano, a custom built tenor from Taiwan and a recent purchase of a Selmer Modele 22 C melody. Not to mention the Selmer MK7 and Yamaha YAS62 which I have sold.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delete post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name's Artiom (call me Tiomaza, by my nickname). I'm learning jazz at the conservatory in Vilnius. On this forum searching for all kind of useful info to expand my knowledge and understanding of music (not only jazz). Very interested in different countries' styles. Even started an experimental project about jazz in my country ("Jazz in Lithuania", go check that out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O716aO43uAM&t=2s).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my name is Ward. I played saxophone in middle and high school (marching, concert and jazz bands). Stopped playing when I moved on to college (1990). I recently pulled my old student alto from my parent's attic and decided to start playing again. I needed to much work so I purchased a used Martin Indiana Tenor (mid-50's model) and love it. Just got my new Otto Link Edge Tone mouthpiece and am in the process of developing a regular practicing routine. My goal is to get my chops back and be able to play with a group in the next year or two. I'm excited to be part of these community as well. I'd like to thank Michael for helping me get registered to the site (I was being blocked from signing up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I'm Dan. I've played alto and tenor on and off for 30 years but been getting back into it more seriously in the last year or two, and playing soprano too. I've done a few gigs here and there recently but am hoping to find more playing opportunities. Recently relocated from London to south east Wales. I've used this forum as a source of information - for which it is invaluable! - for many years and now I'm finally signing up...

Dan

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13