Viking
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hello, all saxophone-players! I am from the Netherlands, a 66 year old, willing to learn to play the saxophone. I have not bought my instrument yet, and hope to find useful tips on this forum. I can start by reading lots of your posts, which will provide me with a lot of knowledge. I am looking forward to interact with players from all over the world in this forum....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Groovyman here. Just started to learn sax in December 2016 and loving it, Playing Alto and trying to blow a Tenor, but struggling a bit with that. Getting a smaller opening mouthpiece (Yamaha 4C) to try and stop the squeek........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I'm Arthur, just joined, am very impressed with the quality of this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Jeff here from Winnipeg Canada. Saxophonist with the Royal Canadian Air Force Band. Been browsing the these forums on and off for years, figured I should say Hi! Recently purchased 1970 VI, had it overhauled, playing great. Now trying to sort out mouthpieces...Argh...Thanks for all the insight.

Striving for tone...
    Last edited by Saxman11; 01-16-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, everyone. I am Jeff, from Michigan. I am a middle-aged guy that has been playing the saxophone and flute on and off since 1991. To be honest I have had as much fun repairing them as I do playing them. I would love nothing more than to find old beat-up horns with thousands of stories to tell and make them playable again. But, alas, I work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my name is Jim. I have been an adult student of the clarinet for about 9 months and am transitioning to soprano sax. Already have some questions about the availability of sheet music scored for soprano.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm Super, haha I'm looking forward to using this site as reasearch for when I need to view reviews on sax products. So far it's been great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. My name is Dave. I played sax for over 15 years then gave it up for about 10 years. Biggest mistake of my life. I am getting back into it and even thinking of going back to school at the age of 40 for music. I also play guitar and am loving both. But the sax is truly where my heart is. I am looking forward to learning from this site. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Jason Peppers and alto player for 1 yr. now. I play a 100 series Buffet. I'm a sax addict who is looking forward to finding answers and advise from others as I continue my musical journey. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all. Joined the forum in a final desperate attempt to find inspiration to pick up my alto sax again. Had played for 11 years and taught for a little while, but can't find anything decent to play. I'm sick of Parker tunes and most of the other 'jazz giants' on sax bore me. Recently been digging the solo in Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz. Another tasty tune (saxquartet) is Bb-Flat-A-Loogo by Finefone Saxophon-Quartet.

Any ideas of hectic alto sax songs would be received with heaps of appreciation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Robert. I've been an instrument technician more than 50 years. I found this forum while looking for a Couf Bari sax neck. it looked like a good source for information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12