Admin SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 16

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hello to everyone at SOTW.
    I'm a fifty-something hornblower who started blowing just yesterday (some six months ago, actually) - that's why I (try to) play a very cheap beginner alto saxophone (but I'm looking forward to my future new sax...).
    I've not decided yet what kind of music I'd like more to play, except that it must be GOOD music...
    I don't know if I'll ever have something worth to say, but I think I'll read what you write very gladly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! My name is Matt. I am a freshman in high school. I play the clarinet for the varsity band in my school, and alto saxophone for the jazz band. I am joining because I have recently purchased a Buescher C Melody that I am going to overhaul by myself, and I am looking for lots of information on antique saxophones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I'm Mike, 47 and from Devon, UK (not quite the middle of nowhere, but certainly about 2 miles from it). I mostly play fiddle and mandolin, but recently became sax curious. It may also be that sax is in my blood as my late father played sax in dance and jazz bands in the 50's and 60's before family life and a "proper" career stopped him. I got the impression he regretted that and did mean to take it back up on his retirement, but never did.
    As for me, I know nothing about the instrument, but it sounds nice whenever I hear them, so I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Sadly I don't have a huge budget, so I guess mostly be asking about budget models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Michał. I`m from Poland and currently live in Germany. I played clarinet for many years and attended music school in my home country. After a longer break I bought a clarinet, overhauled it myself and now I enjoy music again. I liked repairing very much and now I have 4 clarinets which need my attention. Recently I try to play my old Weltklang alto Saxophone and I`m looking around for some better horn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Keren Shachar. I just moved to Israel and am trying to find a repair person who specializes in saxophone (it needs some serious adjustments after sitting on our lift out at sea for more than a month). I am also interested in hearing about opportunities to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Michael, from Derry in the north of Ireland.
    I just joined SOTW today so I'm finding my way around.
    I've been playing flute for as long as I can remember, recently started on tenor sax and now I play both tenor and alto.
    Beginning to wonder why I left it so long to pick up my first horn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! Mid-40s alto sax player playing out as a solo act with backing tracks at least once a week for about the last two years. Playing for fun in church or for friends weddings, etc... for the last 30 years. Have been lurkin' and lernin' here for a decade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i'm new to this site, and also just playing for fun at home, alto sax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone

My name is Joe. I live in Tennessee. I've been playing since I was in Jr high school but just now getting back into it after taking, well, decades off. I play a Phil Barone Alto saxophone that I absolutely love. Looking forward to interacting with folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

I'm in my early 20s and am looking at playing the sax again. Played it from 3rd to 8th grade and am looking forward to sticking with it this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I'm a legally blind 38 years old programmer from Latvia. I have some rock/pop/instrumental music playing in my brain all the time but I somehow have managed to push it aside, except when I'm alone walking outside - then I whistle it all out like crazy, and people who have heard me say that I'm good at it. So I would like to raise it up a notch and learn to play something sax-like, if possible, and so I ended up here to ask some beginner questions in appropriate forum sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC based jazz saxophonist just introducing myself lol if this is the wrong place to do that apologies. Be well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I'm an 18 year old college student and I've been playing saxophone for around 10 years now. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Jason Rhodehouse. Used to play alto / tenor with a few local Detroit groups but put it down for nearly 20 years. Now teaching my son to play and this forum has been a great resource.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Im Jacob from Scotland! I play tenor and alto saxophone, but I started to playing so old. Now im 32 years old and Im learning by my own. Its difficult but i LOVE IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,
    My name is Brigitte and I live in Frankfurt / Germany. I've started on clarinet and still play it. Additionally, for the last 2 1/2 years I've been playing tenor saxophone in a Big Band and small ensembles (Saxophone Quartets / Quintets). I love playing saxophone and have been reading quite a lot in this informative and helpful forum before registering today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, my name is Carlos and I'm a sophomore in high school looking to learn a thing or two to progress my saxophone playing. I am currently the lead alto in my school's jazz band and principal player in my concert band. I've qualified for my district's honor band and last year I achieved a perfect score at solo and ensemble. My plan for the future is majoring and music and possibly become a teacher.

Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008 martysax's Avatar
    Boston (pronounced: Bahsten), Massachusetts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I found this site due to autocorrect on my computer.
    Just two questions: Where's the Bar located relative to the stage, and does the band get a discount?

Songs I recorded with The Cyclones

Check out my new informative site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys

I'm 26 from Switzerland and play the sax for 13 years now.
    Switched from Alto to Bari after about 8 years.

Have a good one, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Jonathan. Went looking for information about my saxophone and it seems like this is the place to be!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast