[Admin] SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

I have no idea whatsoever how to work this forum, it looks great, and I can’t wait to be involved and feel part of it. It had an interest maybe 15 years ago in the Sax, I’m not particularly musical, but do have a good feel for music, that interest faded back then, but resurfaced a few months back when I made a connection with a school teacher who taught me 25 years ago. I have his Sax, and started lessons last week, I’m sure I’ll have some questions to ask here

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I’m Dave aka Baldric99.
    Used to be on here a few years ago, then other events in my life took over. But I’m back and looking forward to being part of the community.
    I’m in the UK and really still a beginner, never will make a proper musician but love learning the Sax.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, new guy here - in Prince George, B.C. Canada - hence the frozen fingers! Great forum, glad to be on it. Cheers, Jay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I've found great articles in this forum, so I'm glad of being part of it. Thanks to all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, new member here.
    My name is Robert, living in Uden, Holland. Playing mainly rock in several bands.
    Tenor Martin The Martin with a (vintage) Guardala studio Brecker mouthpiece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. My name is Bill White, and I think I am the newest member. I started playing in the 4th grade, in about 1962, but I stopped in the early seventies. I'm just picking it up again now, and I'm really excited to find that I still remember how to play. I have tons of questions which I'll be asking as things to on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My name is Chazz Pratt. I've been playing for 42 years. Although not someone who gigs regularly, I play often with Friends who do or play in open mic events. Had some cool & unexpected opportunities to play over the years, yet enjoy playing and shedding. The Saxophone is something I truly enjoy and try to learn something new every day. I look forward to reading and learning from the threads on this site as I've done for years. I also look forward to selling some Saxophone items from time-to-time. Thank You for creating the Sax On The Web forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i'm newbieswiss. would like learn more about saxophone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this thread and thought I'd say hello. I've been snooping sotw for years and finally joined. Awesome info and community. Thanks for having me. I'm a professional player for the last ~20 years. Saxophones, mouthpieces and curiosity are accumulating but all in search of sound. C-ya soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all. I'm in my late 60s and began playing alto sax less than four months ago. I figured it's time to get involved with the like-minded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I'm from Russia / Kaliningrad. I'm 45. I'm only playing the saxophone for the third year, but I like discovering new latitudes. I play alto YAMAHA 61, tenor Yanagisawa T-500 and baritone Evette Schaeffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I'm Pasquale. I'm from Italy.
    I play the saxophone (alto and soprano) in a marching band since I was 10 years old (now I'm 21).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all! I'm John. I have played the sax (mostly alto) for 50 years (started at age 9). I have played in big bands and small jazz groups for years for enjoyment and as a hobby. I am retiring from teaching chemistry and engineering next year and plan to dig more deeply into jazz in retirement. I have followed some threads off and on over the years and am jumping in fully now to step up my playing. Looking forward to upping my game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm Clément Grin, a Swiss drummer from Switzerland, a small country with a beautiful jazz scene. I'm happy to be here, to discover this community.
    I'm looking for sheet music or information about Ornette Coleman approach on "The Shape of the Jazz to Come" and "Free Jazz".

Nice to meet you !
    Clément.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello to everyone at SOTW.
    I'm a fifty-something hornblower who started blowing just yesterday (some six months ago, actually) - that's why I (try to) play a very cheap beginner alto saxophone (but I'm looking forward to my future new sax...).
    I've not decided yet what kind of music I'd like more to play, except that it must be GOOD music...
    I don't know if I'll ever have something worth to say, but I think I'll read what you write very gladly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! My name is Matt. I am a freshman in high school. I play the clarinet for the varsity band in my school, and alto saxophone for the jazz band. I am joining because I have recently purchased a Buescher C Melody that I am going to overhaul by myself, and I am looking for lots of information on antique saxophones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I'm Mike, 47 and from Devon, UK (not quite the middle of nowhere, but certainly about 2 miles from it). I mostly play fiddle and mandolin, but recently became sax curious. It may also be that sax is in my blood as my late father played sax in dance and jazz bands in the 50's and 60's before family life and a "proper" career stopped him. I got the impression he regretted that and did mean to take it back up on his retirement, but never did.
    As for me, I know nothing about the instrument, but it sounds nice whenever I hear them, so I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Sadly I don't have a huge budget, so I guess mostly be asking about budget models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Michał. I`m from Poland and currently live in Germany. I played clarinet for many years and attended music school in my home country. After a longer break I bought a clarinet, overhauled it myself and now I enjoy music again. I liked repairing very much and now I have 4 clarinets which need my attention. Recently I try to play my old Weltklang alto Saxophone and I`m looking around for some better horn.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15