Admin SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 19

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Lots of the good internet searches lead me to saxontheweb. It's easier to simply read the wisdom from other folks' questions, but barring that it's finally time to ask my own.

Have not figured out how to create a new thread/post, so maybe saying "Hi" here will be the magic ticket. Wish me luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I am Joey. I play bebop and post bop tenor. I have a 66k Mark VI tenor and play lots of different mouthpieces but prefer a Ben Allen I have right now and for metal a double line link.
    Glad to meet you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkerfan here not busking much anymore playin tune up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I am Smooth ibi

I learn to play Saxophone and every Month I upload my recorded Trainings on Youtube.

I wish to be a better Saxophone Player in 2 or 3 Years.

How do You practice Music?

If You have good Tips and Ideas to improve my Saxophone Playing, please send me Emails or Videos.

Smoothibi.jimdo.com

See You! Thank You!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello my name is Julie. I have just taken up playing the Alto Saxaphone. I am really enjoying the process. I'll be looking for tips, useful information and generally gobbling up knowledge. I live in Costa Rica, fairly remotely. No Saxaphone instructors. For now I am learning from the Web. Which has been pretty great. I tried teaching myself piano 40 years ago and had a rough go of it. I was living even more remotely then. If the internet was around then, it would have been a whole different ending to that story. So anyway, it's awesome to have all this knowledge available. Looking forward to reading the Sax on he Web forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Elton. I am from Clifton, New Jersey. I hope to find out a lot of new things here and make friends on interests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I am Judy and was found this site while searching for info on my old tenor sax. I have a 1931 Selmer Cigar Cutter that I played through school long ago, and I finally found one like it on a thread here! I always wondered if some musician had it custom made because of butterfly engravings, but now I know there are others. I won some awards and had a had a good high school career in concert, marching, and jazz band, but just play a little for my own enjoyment now. I also own a little Nuova alto that is easy to play compared to my tenor (which is in pretty good shape). I see I am way out of my league on this fantastic site, but hope to gain knowledge and find good sax listening from all over the World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I'm Trevor i found this site looking to see if anyone can help me out with some questions I might have

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2016
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, everybody (from a veteran member).

Just a note: the site is large and can at first seem overwhelming. But usually you arrived here based on questions or curiosities of a few specific natures (i.e. "what model sax/mouthpiece should I get ?"...."I inherited my grandpa's horn and want more info on it"...."I live in XXX and am looking for teaching resources"..."how much would it cost to repair this ?"....."how do I go about forming a band ?"...etc.)

So start by finding those subforums/corners of SOTW, then as you read and converse branch out into other ones.

Pretty much every conceivable subject re: saxes is on this Forum, so enjoy !
    Go for the Old-Skool, homies. www.2ndending.com

(AdBlock Plus is your Friend https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/)

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014 jazzbluescat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musikyo View Post
    Hello and Happy New Year? I'm Roy Robertson , a former "player" from 30 years ago coming back to play again. In the last 2 weeks I've purchased a 237XXX Mark IV alto and just this weekend secured a 108XXX silverplated Mark IV tenor, french build. So far, so good. Jaw muscles trying to regain strength and fingering returning nicely but of course not yet fluid and confident. Glad to be a part of this community and looking forward to regaining my chops.
    Not one, but two Mk IVs? Double check those IVs, Roy, something's amiss. lol
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...then baffle 'em with bullsh*t.

Dude, Support this Forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Mick newbie member. I lead a 7 piece soul band , 3 Saxophones in the brass section, who play for the simple love of classic soul music. Based in the Isle of Man. I'm looking for advice on purchasing the Sax parts for our set list in the keys I sing them. Would really appreciate some direction. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    I play the alto saxophone.
    I love SOTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been here since December. Looking forward to using the market place once I save up some cash. But this whole forum is awesome. I'm mainly a tenor player but bari has a special place in my heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all. Been playing non professionally, for many years and am looking forward to enjoying the site, it's forums and the knowledge therein.

Selmer MKVI alto & Meyer 7M mp , Selmer SA80 II Soprano & Selmer S80 D mp

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi There, been a long time user of SOTW but only just joined. Looking forward to hearing more of the wealth of experience on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Aaron. 40yo. I played mainly Bari in HS and college. Now after a 10+ year hiatus, I am getting back into playing. I am playing in a local rock band and have built my collection to one of each (bari, tenor, alto and soprano). I am also doubling, tripling, quadrupling on harmonica, flute, keyboards, and vocals and loving every minute of it! Thanks for the ad to the group :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all - found this site today and signed up. I have been playing sax since grade 4, converting from alto to bari in grade 8 - haven't looked back. took four years off from playing while i was in college and now have been back into it for 12+ years. the bari I own is quite old and i am hoping to learn a lot more about it. i might be ready to make the jump to a new (or new-ish) one soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I'm Mike. I am a Music Director at a church that offers both traditional and contemporary worship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Damiano, a guy from italy and i'm getting very interested to the world of saxophones! I'll be very curious in the days to come, nice to meet you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. My name is Glyn. Recently retired and 6 months into my sax journey. Have plenty of time but no previous music experience. Loving the ride.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast