[Admin] SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 6

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hi my CMHsax, or Paul. I'm trying to get back into playing the sax. I played growing up but someone stole my saxophone about 10 years ago and i've only picked up a sax a few times since then. found this website through looking up random stuff about the sax and looking to buy one. Thanks for having me hear and i'm excited to relearn the some of the basic and polish up and learn new things!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Harri

Fan for a long time, just decided I'd post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!
    Trying to get back into playing after a 13 year break. Especially since I have a high school tenor player in the house. Looking for a new or new-to-me tenor to get back into things. Enjoy the conversations you all have had here.
    Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. My name is Alfred. Been a passive member for a while now. Just been reading until today.
    I have played sax since 9years old.
    I also play electric bass.
    Don't know much about saxophone gear (yet), but I know a lot about other music related gear (amps, mics, wireless, iem, effect pedals, and so on).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi been reading this forum for quite sometime so decided to sign up.......Phil D horns are as follows.......82z UL tenor, 82z Alto with a spare Yanigaswa T9937...SS special occassions only.....not played for sometime but now with the internet there is so much info.....I'll be checking out the post....Cheers All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Hance Patrick. Thanks for allowing me to join. I played for many years from a young child through college and shortly after gave it up. Children are now gone and I have some time and frankly though I'd pick it back up again. What the heck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Gary. My son started saxophone in August of 2016 but has switched to percussion. I'm looking to sell his instrument and so I joined this group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

I'm Jens, from Sweden. I started playing clarinet few years ago after a 20 year break, and after a few months I tried a saxophone and got completely hooked! One thing lead to another and now one of my main interests is to repair old horns and clarinets. Just for fun and for playing at home, not for business, although I do help friends with repairs from time to time.

I have been reading a lot in this forum and learned A LOT, especially when it comes to playing techniques / tips and repairs.

BR Jens

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alligator69 View Post
    Thanks Harri

Fan for a long time, just decided I'd post
    Welcome on board, alligator and all other new members!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello i'm Pat.I would like to apologize for my english im still learning.I just start playing the alto saxophone and i'm very happy that i found this site with poeple who enjoy saxophone like me.It would be awesome to talk about this instrument and ask question to poeple who have more knowledge and experience then me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems as though my story isn't uncommon. I haven't played in a little over ten years. Excited to be digging in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am Kris and new to saxophones. I am new to both the instruments, and the playing of them to make music. I will be looking for helpful suggestions towards improvement. I think I have a lot of room for improvement so it should be quite a journey. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Roger Cook, from SW Washington (state). I played sax several years for the National Guard, was spoiled with Mark IV's and after getting out quit playing for 20+ years and now back at it. Amazing how much stays with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Wink Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hi to everyone! I'm a new member to the group. I've wanted an alto sax for years and finally bought a Yamaha 280 in January. I love it and am about to play with a friend who is pretty good. I believe that the learning curve becomes very steep from now on! Great site! I've already learnt a lot!! Thanks. Didz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, hope you guys don't mind me posting here but I wanted to come to the experts for advice. I'm a music producer looking for a certain sound on a record involving 3 saxophones but have no idea which ones, I'm looking for the same sound used on this track:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NME84d3ZqZU
    Are they all the same register or different? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saludos Sax on the Web Communi
    I'm a Mexican Musician living in Germany.
    I Studied Classical Saxophone in Mexico and in Germany.
    I also play an teach Clarinet and double on Flute.
    After years reading on this Forum I finally decided to became a Member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellow. I am a Brazilian amateur musician, playing mostly saxes and flute. I also play drums (professionally), guitar and bass. I like Jazz, Blazilian and Latin, and Classical music. I am also interested in musical equipment/instruments (I am a partner in a small business that designs and makes guitar/bass effects/pedals). I have G.A.S. and the only way to deal with it is to work hard in my every-day profession (I am a lawyer). Abrzz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, ssochs here. Been a sax player for some 30+ years. So much to learn. So much music out there. I've been a lurker for years, enjoying all the passing of good information. Jazz and all her sisters Gospel,Blues,RnB,Soul,Rock,Roll,falling on my face trying to play too high and loud. Loving every minute of it. (When you are the new guy in the horn section....don't stand next to the drummer without ear plugs or a cage)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm new here. Not a sax player but used to be in and with a band in SF back in the 60s, was initially called The Daemon Orchestra, and then just Daemon. Played here and there, Deno & Carlos etc. Would love to hear from anyone that remembers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I am Gabriele. Curious about dealing with saxophone fellows all around the world. I try to do my best in playing all the 4 main saxophones in many genres I can play (classical, rock, blues, jazz, etc). Curious about different ideas of composing and play

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast