Admin SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 20

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    clarimad

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

I'm Andy an ex pro musician. I play a mark vi tenor, have various makes of alto and also play clarinet and use either my Buffet RC or Leblanc Esprit. I live in North Norfolk in the UK and teach and also repair woodwinds. Hello to you all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Kneazle

I'm Mike. I've been playing tenor since 8th grade, which was now over 35 years ago. I play a Yanagisawa T3397 tenor with a Meyer 6M mouthpiece (though I'm looking into more open mouthpieces). I live in Western Pennsylvania, where I play in a jazz quintet and (sometimes) a big band and co-founded the Delaney Chevrolet Westsylvania Jazz and Blues Festival.

EmmanuelZitnik

Hi guys.
    I'm Emmanuel, 37 years old, beginner sax player.
    I'm starting on an old Buffet Crampon Alto. I've been a guitar player for 25 years.
    I'm mostly interested in Blues and Rock music.

mohnjahoney

Hi all, my name is John. I play a few saxes, mostly tenor Superba I. I am here to learn and hopefully to share. Most immediately, I would like to learn about selling used horns (as I have a few to sell).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,

Iím excited to join, having benefited from the forum for the past few months.

Iíve especially appreciated the stories about people taking years and decades off, then getting back in, since thatís my story. I've been playing regularly now for about seven years, so think it's going to stick. Tenorís my main horn, but flute is a close second, and I grew up on alto, so look forward to getting back to it eventually.

I hope to contribute something here from time to time, rather than just benefit. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I'm Vinnie from Central NJ. By day I am a Locomotive Engineer, by night a student of the sax. I'm about 6 mos in total and 2 mos with formal instruction. I'm learning on a 1927 Conn. My end goal is to be the coolest senior citizen in the retirement village. (I have 5 yrs to accomplish my goal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everybody, Iím Danail. I am from Sofia, Bulgaria. I play tenor and soprano saxophone for a while but just as a hobby not professionaly. Currently I play on Sunday at my church. My current sax is a Yamaha YTS23 and Meyer 9MM but I am considering an upgrade to intermediate or a pro horn. I found a lot of useful information in the forum. Thank you for sharing your experiences and opinions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello I'm Jacob, I play alto and bari and I'm mostly here to ask questions and learn new things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi SOTW!
    Long time reader, finally a registered member. Not really a forum kinda guy, but I can talk endlessly about saxophones. I figure joining this forum will give my wife's ear a break, and everyone else I know. See you on the threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Eric, just a proud dad of an incredible young saxophonist, graduating SCGSAH this year and the college offers are starting to come in. It's exciting and stressful at the same time. I wanted to join this forum to have a resource I can ask questions, that way I'm not wearing out the teachers, technicians, staff and everyone who does know Saxophone in our personal lives. Thank you to all of you who help people like me. Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello FluxCapacitor and SOTW. I'm also a long time reader and new member. I'm replying because right now I can't post. Saggarguy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 27 Conn Chuberry is a good start to being cool. I play one as well. I'm assuming you've got an alto? Saggarguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all! I'm Amanda, a percussionist and Music Ed student who has fallen in love with the saxophone since beginning my woodwind methods class. So much so, in fact, that I went out and bought an old YAS-21 so I'll have my own saxophone to practice on over the summer. I know 26 years old is a little late to be getting started, but I want to work towards being a really good saxophonist (maybe making it my primary instrument when I get better, or at least a close secondary). Because I've only been playing for about 5 weeks now, I know next to nothing about saxophones, so I look forward to making use of all the knowledge and experience available here at SOTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

This in Bronco...been many years in Asia. Before that I was an active member. Now in North Carolina, and resuming my SOTW activities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I'm Mark from Texas. I played alto years ago back in my high school days, but not so much anymore. My main reason for joining the forum is that my daughter is in her school band and currently plays the bassoon. Her high school requires all band students be in the marching band, so she has decided to learn the tenor sax. It's been over 30 years since i last played, so I'm hoping to get some objective advice on best practices and which tenor sax might be best for her. I don't consider myself cheap, but checking prices was definitely an eye opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Rob from Ohio, my main instrument is guitar, but I started playing sax several yrs. ago. Been playing on and off, but getting
    serious about it now, leaning more toward's smooth or modern jazz, lately. Real Jazz is cool too, I listen to some of that too. The reason
    I joined was to learn more about the working's of the instrument, and meet some other saxcat's!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am Marko from Zagreb, dreaming of playing saxophone for some time now. As kids are getting bigger, my dream seems closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in metropolitan Kansas City and recently began taking tenor saxophone lessons from a professional, conservatory educated musician after a 28-year hiatus. I played a 1981-82 Selmer Super Action 80 tenor in high school and college, which our youngest son now rocks better than I ever did, and recently picked up a 1949-50 Martin "The Committee" Committee III tenor, which I play. I'm really enjoying my return to the sax and this forum. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Belgium,
    I play the tenor saxophone.
    Started about 15 years ago, attended the music-academy for about 3 years. Afther those 3 years I put it on hold since I didn't have enough time to practice. A few years later I jouned our local marching band, to keep my basic skills alive.
    this year I re-enrolled at the academy again, together with my daughter.
    My sax is a Yamaha YTS32, i use a Selmer Soloist mouthpiece and recently switched to Rigotti Gold reeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycuzinvinny View Post
    Hello. I'm Vinnie from Central NJ. By day I am a Locomotive Engineer, by night a student of the sax. I'm about 6 mos in total and 2 mos with formal instruction. I'm learning on a 1927 Conn. My end goal is to be the coolest senior citizen in the retirement village. (I have 5 yrs to accomplish my goal)
    Hey Vinnie!

Just happened to look at the new member intros today; wanted to say congrats on learning to play the sax! I started learning at age 62 (about 4 years ago), and while I still consider myself a beginner, I continue to make progress. Like you, I'm still working, so practice time is limited, but maybe we can compete to see who's the coolest sr citizen in a few years!

And cool user name, that was a great movie!
    'He said, "I shot the clerk". And then he said it again, "I shot the clerk"'.
    Intonation is everything ...

I'm quoting from memory, so I probably got it a bit wrong, but I'm laughing as I type! Lots of great lines in MCV.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20