2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hi New player here.. decided to take it up on my 49th birthday . Having lessons with a local jazz player/teacher and loving every second of it along with a dose of frustration at my middle aged fingers !
    I also play the guitar really badly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time member, first time posting. Saying Hi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Folks,
    I'm a longtime SOTW lurker,playing alto/Tenor sax for over 3 years,"self taught" bebop freak.Ive been playing guitar for 30 years,blues and rock n Roll.Someone gave me a Charlie Parker album and I was hooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im Dawid and proud bari player (well, trying to be). Been member for some time, but this is my first post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Jesse. 1st gen sax player playing for 25 years. Raising a sax player of 3 years so far. Love my horns and sharing them with my daughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I'm robson. I'm actually the son of a wonderful sax player and I joined the forum to sell my Dad's The Martin Tenor. Wanted to reach real players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello SOTW members! Scott Burns here - I'm a longtime viewer, and now finally a new member. I live in the Chicago area, and I play jazz saxophone professionally. I also teach at several universities in the area: DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago, North Park University and Columbia College Chicago. I have an album out on Origin Records - "Passages". You can find my website with a quick search. I look forward to connecting with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, everyone. Just found this forum today, and decided to join. Very recently re-visited the clarinet, after more than 55 years. Had a metal Pedler, gave it away, and bought a new Buffet/Crampon Premier (much better sound). Hope to learn some stuff while here, and share some of my VAST life and work skills/experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, dear friends ! I am a frenchman, now retired and my english is not fluent - I apologize. I recently made true some kid dream, that is to say play clarinet and sopprano and alto saxos.
    I bought my first soprano a few days before last Christmas and I tried to blow in it, obtaining some notes of Sidney Bechet successes. I have no musical education.
    Today, I own thirteen clarinets and five saxos, all of them in good musical condition after have been worn in their former life.
    I am interested rather by the organology of the horns than by their musical use.
    Alain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, My name is Guy. I'm heading toward retirement as the last of my offspring head off to college and my allotment continues to be a great stress relief, attention is moving toward more music. I already play clarinet and Tenor sax which my dog has finally become accustomed. With potentially more time becoming available my main fun playing music will fill some of that space. When ever I have needed to enrich my musical cognizance without bias, this has been the site of choice for balance, quality and breadth. As a member I hope to develop the skill and confidence to similarly contribute occasionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy Here!
    Composer and free jazz / ethiopian jazz lover, great to be a part of such a wonderful community!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, I am Cooper Nelson, i'm a recent graduate of UNT's jazz masters program. I'm back in California and excited about this site, I have always browsed it but now i finally have a membership. I am a huge Phil Woods fan! Check out my website here www.coopernelsonmusic.com there are a lot of free transcriptions, free video lessons, and live performances. thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, this is Tomoka. How do you start a thread? I made an account here so I can ask stuffs about sax. I know this question is stupid. Honestly I'm new to this website. Please help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone, hope this is in the correct place to post. I've just joined and want to introduce myself. My name is Andy, I'm 50 years young and have just recently decided to learn the alto saxophone. I'm from Birmingham uk have been a hobby musician most of my life tinkering on piano, guitars both acoustic and electric all self taught and have now finally got around to learning the sax as I've loved the sounds of saxophone forever, I've had a little play around and got a bit of literature for beginner sax but have decided to enlist some professional help so am currently arranging tuition, so hi everyone hopefully to get to know more over time. Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    my name is Julien, I'm an amateur saxophone player and also a software developer.
    I want to build my own company of software and mobile apps for musicians. I'm about to release my very first app, so I'd like you test it!
    Julien.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CooperNelsonMusic View Post
    Hey all, I am Cooper Nelson, i'm a recent graduate of UNT's jazz masters program. I'm back in California and excited about this site, I have always browsed it but now i finally have a membership. I am a huge Phil Woods fan! Check out my website here www.coopernelsonmusic.com there are a lot of free transcriptions, free video lessons, and live performances. thanks!
    Nice work, also enjoying your analysis of laid back rhythms of Phil Woods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Alex. My primary instrument is tuba; however, I am a huge woodwind enthusiast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I am called the 'ClarinetDude'. I originally wanted to play saxophone but my teacher insisted on transitioning from clarinet to saxophone but I never transitioned and stuck to clarinet. I have played in ensembles and orchestras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Phil. I just got a new sax and am looking forward to your friendship.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast