Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-July 2018

Admin 
55K views 442 replies 373 participants last post by  Harri Rautiainen 
#1 · (Edited)
Now, turning over a new leaf I'd like to welcome our new members to this community of saxophone players and woodwind aficionados.
This thread is for you for introductions and expressing your innermost wishes and desires.

SOTW administrators want to thank all members for your support during the past year and wish you a playful 2017!

#189 ·
Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hello SOTW members! Scott Burns here - I'm a longtime viewer, and now finally a new member. I live in the Chicago area, and I play jazz saxophone professionally. I also teach at several universities in the area: DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago, North Park University and Columbia College Chicago. I have an album out on Origin Records - "Passages". You can find my website with a quick search. I look forward to connecting with you!

#190 ·

Hi, everyone. Just found this forum today, and decided to join. Very recently re-visited the clarinet, after more than 55 years. Had a metal Pedler, gave it away, and bought a new Buffet/Crampon Premier (much better sound). Hope to learn some stuff while here, and share some of my VAST life and work skills/experiences.

#191 ·

Hi, dear friends ! I am a frenchman, now retired and my english is not fluent - I apologize. I recently made true some kid dream, that is to say play clarinet and sopprano and alto saxos.
I bought my first soprano a few days before last Christmas and I tried to blow in it, obtaining some notes of Sidney Bechet successes. I have no musical education.
Today, I own thirteen clarinets and five saxos, all of them in good musical condition after have been worn in their former life.
I am interested rather by the organology of the horns than by their musical use.
Alain.

#192 ·

Hello, My name is Guy. I'm heading toward retirement as the last of my offspring head off to college and my allotment continues to be a great stress relief, attention is moving toward more music. I already play clarinet and Tenor sax which my dog has finally become accustomed. With potentially more time becoming available my main fun playing music will fill some of that space. When ever I have needed to enrich my musical cognizance without bias, this has been the site of choice for balance, quality and breadth. As a member I hope to develop the skill and confidence to similarly contribute occasionally.

#194 ·

Hi everyone!

My name is Dave. I would describe myself as a serious jazz amateur. After a good start on music in childhood but decades of wasted time afterwards, I'm finally making a real effort to discover the limits of my musical abilities with the help of local college educators who have kindly taken me under their wing as a private student. Flute is my main instrument, as I've spend the most time so far on flute technique, but for the past half year or so, my private lesson work has been exclusively on alto sax, mainly for the wealth of recordings available to study, but also because alto is my teacher's specialty. I've been participating in community combo classes and a big band on flute, alto, upright bass, and guitar (not all at the same time).

I've benefited from all the expertise here on SOTW for years (thank you all!), but never found the need to sign up, as I've never encountered a question which couldn't be answered by asking either my teacher or SOTW's search engine. While I'm now joining to participate in SOTW's marketplace, I'll also try to be a little less anti-social here going forward!

#195 ·

Hey all, I am Cooper Nelson, i'm a recent graduate of UNT's jazz masters program. I'm back in California and excited about this site, I have always browsed it but now i finally have a membership. I am a huge Phil Woods fan! Check out my website here www.coopernelsonmusic.com there are a lot of free transcriptions, free video lessons, and live performances. thanks!

#199 ·

Hey all, I am Cooper Nelson, i'm a recent graduate of UNT's jazz masters program. I'm back in California and excited about this site, I have always browsed it but now i finally have a membership. I am a huge Phil Woods fan! Check out my website here www.coopernelsonmusic.com there are a lot of free transcriptions, free video lessons, and live performances. thanks!
Nice work, also enjoying your analysis of laid back rhythms of Phil Woods.

#197 ·
Hi everyone, hope this is in the correct place to post. I've just joined and want to introduce myself. My name is Andy, I'm 50 years young and have just recently decided to learn the alto saxophone. I'm from Birmingham uk have been a hobby musician most of my life tinkering on piano, guitars both acoustic and electric all self taught and have now finally got around to learning the sax as I've loved the sounds of saxophone forever, I've had a little play around and got a bit of literature for beginner sax but have decided to enlist some professional help so am currently arranging tuition, so hi everyone hopefully to get to know more over time. Andy

#198 ·

Hi everyone,
my name is Julien, I'm an amateur saxophone player and also a software developer.
I want to build my own company of software and mobile apps for musicians. I'm about to release my very first app, so I'd like you test it!
Julien.

#208 ·

Hi, I'm Beirne. I played the baritone sax back in high school and now decades later am playing again, with a Buescher 400 I bought this week. I came here to look for a fix for the octave key, but it looks like a good place to come back to for lots of things.

#209 ·

Hi, I'm Sapaydia and I'm new to the site. I'm a rising senior in South Carolina and I've decided I wanted to make jazz a part of my life so I've really been working hard this summer to be prepared. I have a lot of really good jazz players at my school so I've got some healthy competition :mrgreen:

#210 ·

I'm Dawson Horey. I've used these forums for lots of saxophone information over the years; I figured I should join the club! I am going to school for saxophone performance but plan on getting a graduate degree in woodwind performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.