[Admin] SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017- - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions ~ Jan 2017-

Hey everybody! My name is Matthew Mormile, I'm a highschool sax player looking to turn it into a career. I love everything about music, and saxophones. I love this website and everything offered on it, as well as all of the information available. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to discussions with my fellow saxophone players! Happy Playing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello I'm Louis in Birmingham​ UK. Have been playing about 10 months on a Yamaha tenor YTS-275

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all. My name's Ben and I've been following SOTW for years, but now have something to post: I have a severe NICKEL ALLERGY which causes dishydrosis (severe eczema) on hands (contact dermatitis). (I'd like to make a new thread for this...), but just real quick: the keys and pipes on both of my Big Bell Stone series beautiful Cannonballs (alto silver and black nickel tenor) are all NICKEL! I've been considering putting them on eBay. I tested my Selmer SA-80 II and its keys are not nickel. Anyone with any suggestions for replacing my saxes? (btw, I've considered wearing gloves, but any sax afficionado (as we all are) would know we want to "feel" our sax in our hands, especially when we hit that zone when improv - ing. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saxophone Newb here looking for a Alto sax currently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaxVet View Post
    Hello all. My name's Ben and I've been following SOTW for years, but now have something to post: I have a severe NICKEL ALLERGY which causes dishydrosis (severe eczema) on hands (contact dermatitis). (I'd like to make a new thread for this...), but just real quick: the keys and pipes on both of my Big Bell Stone series beautiful Cannonballs (alto silver and black nickel tenor) are all NICKEL! I've been considering putting them on eBay. I tested my Selmer SA-80 II and its keys are not nickel. Anyone with any suggestions for replacing my saxes? (btw, I've considered wearing gloves, but any sax afficionado (as we all are) would know we want to "feel" our sax in our hands, especially when we hit that zone when improv - ing. Thanks in advance!
    Do a Heavy Metals detox, search it on the web, a Nickle allergy screams!!, that you have a Heavy metals Overload.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate being accepted as a new registrant in SOTW, as I'll be taking up the sax after being a "singler" clarinetist for nearly 50 years. My user name is "Arshavsky," which many members may recognize as the surname of a premiere "doubler" who, as Artie Shaw, made his reputation and fortune on clarinet after being a studio saxophonist for several years. (I had the privilege of interviewing him at length in the 1970s.) I live on the Atlantic coast of Florida, and have a question for which I'll appreciate replies and advice--but since this is supposed to be an introductory post, I'm not sure whether to ask it here or in a subsequent post. I'll play it safe and post it later. Thanks in advance for your help, advice, and support in my new venture into "saxophony."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "newbie" question concerns a soprano-sax mouthpiece. As a clarinetist, I have used J. & D. Hite Premiere mouthpieces for years, and was hoping to purchase one for the soprano sax I now have--but apparently, Hite Premiere saxophone mouthpieces are only made for alto, tenor, and other larger models rather than the soprano. Which brand and model mouthpiece would be the closest to a Hite Premiere for the soprano sax? Thanks for your help.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678