Sax on the Web Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  John Kotches 
#1 ·
Greetings to all: I have owned several King saxophones, and I have found that for me the larger boars have a much fuller sound, comparatively that is. Anyway, I sold my practice horn 1938 Zephyr with original pads to a shop out in Phoenix. I to make the mortgage. Anyway, I just purchase a really cool looking 1961 Zephyr alto. body and neck are free of dents, most the lacquer is missing with nickle keys and rods of course. Comparatively the horns are almost exact except for the low key shape below low D and of course the double socket neck. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be a week or so before I get to play it. I'm wondering how it'll sound. I don't intend to perform with it, I'm just going to keep it on my truck to practice when I have spare time out in the field. If anyone has had any experience playing on of these early 60's Zephyr's I'd be interested in hearing your input. Thanks, Harley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.