Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Wink Aerophone AE-10 – New Roland Wind Instrument

Aerophone AE-10 – New Roland Wind Instrument

roland-aerophone-ae-10-1524702.jpg
    roland-aerophone-ae-10-1524700.jpg
    roland-aerophone-ae-10-1524701.jpg

http://tfr.roland.com/us/products/product-16

Looks impressive! Loving the complete sax fingering system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Aerophone AE-10 – New Roland Wind Instrument

Don't know if I want palmkeys, front f etc. with an electronic wind instrument ....
    saxes: sop:Yanagisawa S-800/ S-80 F alto:Bauhaus Walstein M2/ B&S metal tenor:Bauhaus Walstein M2/ B&S metal flutes: picc: YPC 62 fl:Forest/Brannen afl: Altus bfl: W.Wetzel/Cooper clarinets: ebcl: Amati/Riffault cl:Noblet artist/Vandoren B45 bcl: Forest/ Clarc Forbes Debut taragot: Timisua/Zinner bassoon: Selmer Signet/Legère

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I was looking for some youtube examples but couldn’t find any
    Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taragot View Post
    Don't know if I want palmkeys, front f etc. with an electronic wind instrument ....
    As a previous Yamaha WX5, I highly appreciate the complete sax fingering. I found sometimes I made mistakes playing sax after a long period playing my EWI 4000S due to the lack of palm keys or low Bb.

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    Yes, I was looking for some youtube examples but couldn’t find any
    Has been presented in Tokio just a few hours ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Roland V-Accordion, which is an outstanding instrument. Roland has some great wind sensing technology in the Vaccordion, and I imagine they were able to transfer that over to this aerophone. Hopefully this thing will have way better built in sounds that the EWI. That would be good news for those of us who don't want to deal with external sound modules and softsynths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nathan61 View Post
    I have a Roland V-Accordion, which is an outstanding instrument. Roland has some great wind sensing technology in the Vaccordion, and I imagine they were able to transfer that over to this aerophone.
    I'm very glad to read that. And very Excited.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan61 View Post
    Hopefully this thing will have way better built in sounds that the EWI. That would be good news for those of us who don't want to deal with external sound modules and softsynths.
    Roland have great sounds available. I hope they focused this product in pro players, so I expect hight quality in this sense. And a expensive price.

UPDATE:
    More to see and hear tomorrow in Toronto: http://tfr.roland.com/eu/timetable/t201609092300

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.....I wonder how solid it feels. Both the EWI and the WX5 felt like toys to me. And the sounds on the WX5's sound module, (had the turbo chip), were far too layered with effects for my taste. A solid feel & simpler sounds that you combine on your own would go a long way for me.....
    "I'll play it and tell you what it is later. "
    Miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My WX5 broke a few months ago; glad I waited to repair/replace it now. Very curious to hear more... G# key, Bis B, etc all look promising to me. What's the octave mechanism? Midi output so it plays nicely with my vintage Roland XV5050 and Alesis Midiverb? Wireless options?

Can we gig it?
    "I didn't ask my mother to buy me a trumpet or a violin. I started right on the water hose. My uncle used to come over to the house and play on the piano, and I'd get a water hose and play the melody with him..." Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone who would make a robust, natural sounding (but also open to other sounds) and natural “ feeling” machine will be on to a winner.

Until now the only ever thing that was anything closer to that definition was the swiss synthophone.

(Take into account that this is taken with a camera microphone and compressed by You-tube)

http://www.softwind.com/synthophone.html

Life is just a bowl... some have cherries in it, some don’t. Those who have the cherries aren’t likely to share them though.

Forum Contributor 2007-2016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Roland, it does have built-in sounds. And it looks to have pitch-bend on the reed tip which is a really good feature. Although not implemented so well in the old Yamaha's.
    Life is too short for long tones

Forum Contributor 2015
    SOTW Better late than never bloomer poster child
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. I've long played and still own a Yamaha WX5/VL70m combo. If it has built in sounds from the Integra-7 rack, I will be GAS'ing for it.

Forum Contributor 2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely would love to try it out. Onboard sounds that don't suck would so make me happy...
    "I'll play it and tell you what it is later. "
    Miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to tell much from the Roland live demo by the fellow from Jamaica, not the strongest effort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunately, there a multiple videos of it in action that Roland just uploaded to YouTube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hornstar View Post
    Hard to tell much from the Roland live demo by the fellow from Jamaica, not the strongest effort
    Yep, his videos make the Aerophone look very clumsy and cheesy...they actually turn me off the instrument. Luckily, I saw a video by Alistair Parnell which has made me want to at least check it out. Those Roland videos are really weak.
    SAXES: Soprano: Yanagisawa S880 with Theo Wanne HR Gaia 11 | Alto: Yamaha YAS62 "Purple Logo" with Theo Wanne HR & metal Durga 9 | Tenor: Selmer Serie III (with Warburton Modular Neck) & B&S Medusa with Theo Wanne metal Durga 9 & 10MFAN Boss 9* | WIND CONTROLLERS: Yamaha WX5 & AKAI EWI4000S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely, none of these videos makes this sound a desirable instrument to me.

I had the Yamaha WX-5 and in a very far past the Casio, they both rather rapidly bored me and I was not interested enough to keep on playing them.

Again if the synthophone wouldn’t be so expensive... .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Wink Re: Aerophone AE-10 – New Roland Wind Instrument

This guy is Llibert Fortuny, from Barcelona:

More videos:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even one of these ROLAND videos would convince me to buy this instruments.

The video above of the Female performer uses at some point a baritone sax effect which is frankly speaking bordering the ridiculous.

Everything that it was demonstrated with it sounds as ’80-synth-music as it possibly could appeal someone whom has been seeking to recreate that plastic sound era (and I truly hate that kind of sound).

These implement (I hesitate to call this a “ saxophone”) from Roland seems to encompass all that I truly loathe in electronic devices without even remotely resembling a true musical instrument.

I can see how this would fit into some soft-jazz-easy-istening context or , as a controller, some very electronic music but not anywhere near anything tat I would find palatable.

There are many such new contraptions around. All rather disappointing let alone expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost certain that I wouldn't use the onboard sounds if they're all the same quality as I've seen on the videos. I've spent a fortune on speciality soft synths and libraries and all are significantly better. However, I imagine this instrument may kickstart renewed interest in wind controllers, even if the onboard sounds may not appeal to experienced users.
    SAXES: Soprano: Yanagisawa S880 with Theo Wanne HR Gaia 11 | Alto: Yamaha YAS62 "Purple Logo" with Theo Wanne HR & metal Durga 9 | Tenor: Selmer Serie III (with Warburton Modular Neck) & B&S Medusa with Theo Wanne metal Durga 9 & 10MFAN Boss 9* | WIND CONTROLLERS: Yamaha WX5 & AKAI EWI4000S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I'll be sticking with my EWI. Actually I like some of the sounds they demo on the Roland, but to me all those performances are terrible. I guess nobody will come close to Michael Brecker playing an EWI anyway.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast