Band arrangement for Ibert Concertino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Band arrangement for Ibert Concertino

Is it possible to obtain an arrangement of Ibert's Concertino da Camera where the accompaniment is a wind ensemble? I know Brian Sacawa and the US Army Field Band made a recording of the second movement, but even after asking Sacawa where they got that arrangement, I still can't find it.

If there isn't any publisher that sells it, does anyone know where I can download/buy a pdf of just the orchestral score?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Band arrangement for Ibert Concertino

I don't know about a band arrangement, but you can download the orchestral score from IMSLP.

Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member qwerty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the USMA Band at West Point. I know their staff arranger did a wonderful WW choir arrangement of the accompaniment for the Glazounov. I believe they list the Ibert Concertino da Camera on their list of solos that local high school musicians can play for their annual concerto competition.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. -- F.Z.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I've heard of an arrangement existing, and I've even seen a listing in one rental catalog that I can't seem to find now. The best I've found is this: http://www.navyband.navy.mil/saxopho...l_artists.html listing the transcriber as Richard Raven. No info on Mr. Raven, as far as I can find, though. I'm pursuing a degree in music composition right now, and should I have some free time over winter break, I may take a crack at transcribing it myself.
    Of course a piece like this brings with it a lot of problems: the string quintet is typically multiplied in size up to at least 20 players, often more. I personally feel that the best recordings are done with one on a part, and we all know that most band programs, high school, college, or military will have multiple per part making things a bit more tricky to balance.
    Hope this was of some help.