Sax on the Web Forum banner

What Harness to Buy for Bari Sax

12K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  bluesinbrittany 
#1 · (Edited)
Which harness should I buy to play the bari sax with? A Gemini harness, or a Protec harness? What's the difference between the two? Or should I look for another harness?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm marching bari sax, so the Saxholder isn't an option for me. Whoops!

#4 ·
#7 ·
I know this thread is about harnesses, but thought I'd mention the Jazzlab Saxholder as an alternative. I tried harnesses with my bari and found them awkward and restrictive, but the Saxholder is really a big improvement over a regular neck strap (and even the Spinstrap sling I was using before). You can get them through Amazon.

Here's a very long discussion on the Saxholder: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?166166-A-true-innovation-the-Saxholder-(plus-review)

JL

#10 ·
Thanks for the advice! However, I totally forgot to mention that I'm also marching bari sax, not just playing it in wind ensemble/big band situations. I do have the Jazzlab Saxholder, but it was unsuitable for me to march with, since the shoulder blades kept on unlatching as I marched on the field. The Saxholder is truly great whenever I'm not doing acrobatics, though. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.