Sax on the Web Forum banner

Learn how to Circular Breathe in 10 minutes (Michael Lowenstern)

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Samusax 
#1 ·
Just found another great instruction video of this fantastic Bass Clarinet player Michael Lowenstern:

Enjoy :).

#2 ·
#5 ·
That's stupid! They talk about death being related to circular breathing but then say it was specifically studied. Very few sax players circular breath. I'd more interested in this part:

"The observed association between woodwind players, especially saxophonists, and mortality has a plausible biological explanation. Raised pressure in the neck region can increase mortality either by reducing blood supply to the brain (cerebrovascular ischaemia) or venous stasis (thromboembolism)."

I don't even know why they are talking about circular breathing in that article...........

#8 ·
That's stupid! They talk about death being related to circular breathing but then say it was specifically studied. Very few sax players circular breath....
Stupid is right - I'd be embarrassed if my name was associated with something written like this. It tries to be a "scientific" article but contains gems like this one:

"However, these measures went through extensive validation procedures: 100% of the authors' friends who were asked their opinions on these measures agreed that they were a "good" or a "very good" idea."

"100% of the authors' friends" - What??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.