Sax on the Web Forum banner

Joe's neck strap

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  maddenma 
#1 ·
Couple of months ago, I had a plastic Protec clasp fail, and shame on me, for the second time. Helplessly watched my MKVI fall to the stage. Very courageous wireless mic tried to break the fall, sacrificing itself, but in vain. The tenor smashed it to pieces, them pancaked itself as to cover up what it had just done. New mic, trip to Meridian Winds in Okemos to hammer the sax back into shape, then a lot of research here on SOTW and other places. Decided to try Just Joes neck strap. Emailed Joe about the Alto, Tenor and Bari that I played. He recommended the right size strap, and told me that he would add some cord length to make it work for me. I chose the brass clasp, I want to know when the horns are hooked. I received the new neck strap quicker than I expected, 2 or 3 days. I have played 3 gigs, and played 2 practices. Down side, it won't make coffee or open a beer for me, but for a neck strap, it is heavy duty, well made, looks great, extremely comfortable, and I can concentrate on minimizing my jazz notes rather than if my horn will fall again. Gravity sucks. I am well pleased with my Just Joe's neck strap!

#3 ·
Get a beer with a twist off cap or a poptop. Nobody uses church keys anymore, do they?

#22 ·
#5 ·
I had a clear-out yesterday....binning much sax. orientated stuff I have acquired over the last three decades.
This junk included about nine neck straps; in fact, all except a guitar type across-the-shoulder jobbie, and, of course, my Just Joe strap.
I have used nothing other than Joe's strap since he sent me an example when he started production some years ago.
Splendid bit of kit.

#7 · (Edited)
Microphone Musical instrument Public address system String instrument Concert

I did not, Rob. The most exciting purchase after the fact has been one of those special dolly's for the B. My shop is on the second floor and I have 30 steps and two switchbacks to navigate. Made it soo much easier. We had a concert in our series (that I hold in another venue) last Saturday, man oh man the Hammond was singing. The player, George Mitchell, really knows how to get those cool nuanced things out of that instrument. Such a great gig. Thanks for asking.

#12 ·
I m looking for a new strap and i read a lot positieve info about just Joes strap.

In Europe the Thomann webshop are selling the just joes straps but from Kobl ?
are these the same straps? Same facturer and quality?if no, what s the difference between them?

Anyone tried one?

#13 ·
Not making coffee is one of the major drawbacks to one of Joe's straps....hopefully someday he'll solve this important issue.... :) Welcome to the fan club, be sure and order one for each horn.....nothing worse than an alto gig with the strap in your tenor case....

#15 ·
I bought a couple of Joe's straps a few years ago (largely based on SOTW recommendations, actually) and was blown away by the comfort, simplicity, quality of materials and amazing customer service. These straps aren't cheap but they are - in my opinion - the best sax neck straps you can get. I was able to persuade a number of my students to also buy one for themselves (not an easy feat when you factor in the US/AU exchange rate and international shipping) but those students were also blown away with Joe's straps.

As I'm typing this, I notice there are 2 members (one being myself) and 4 guests reading this thread and for anyone who is looking to buy a new neck strap, I can wholeheartily and enthusiastically recommend the Just Joe strap. You won't regret it.

P.S. Joe, please let me know if you'd be interested in selling these straps in Australia. I'd happily be your Aussie distributor for such a great product. :)

#19 ·
Hi I've just received my "Just Joes" i brought it on line in the UK as that's where i'm at, "Brexit and all" It's the one that is made under licence "Kolbl Just Joe's" I play Alto and the first thing that struck me ,was how much lighter the sax felt,compaired to my old strap which by the way has been ever present since 83. I've had a neck problem along with a bad lower back ,so the relief was amazing,especially when playing for more than an hour or more.

So a big thank you to Joe for the patience and time that you have taken to produce such an excellent strap. I'm telling every "player" I know. Gigging for the first time tonight, so looking forward to an ache free session.
A happy chapee :)

#20 ·
Another unsolicited testimonial for Joe's fantastic neck strap. You can't beat it with a zillion sticks. I love mine cause no neck problems ever since I got it. I had a Neotec foam strap and one of their harnesses and both were uncomfortable and did no relieve my neck from the weight. This is the real deal and Joe is the MAN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.