Sax on the Web Forum banner

first C-Melody recordings

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dave Dolson 
#1 ·
... last week I got my 'new' Conn C-Melody. Five years ago I had to stop playing saxophone because we had enough sax players but none of them could play the double bass. So I had to do this 'full time' job.

Meanwhile I am working on italo-american dance music from the 1920 era. For that reason I bought a Conn C-Melody, an Eagle mpc and start to play ... Its not easy to play (after the long period of absence) but I'm sure pratice will make it better.

Kind regards, Leo

#2 ·
Leo: Welcome to SOTW. Interesting . . . I heard a C-Mel in those recordings, alright. Was the photo of the mouthpiece on the microtuner neck accurate for the way you set up your horn? If so, I think you were a bit flat in pitch - and if that photo was accurate, you probably need to shove your mouthpiece further onto the cork so the end of it butts up against the microtuner. THEN, adjust for pitch with the microtuner. Thanks for posting and good luck with your C-Mel. DAVE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.