Sax on the Web Forum banner

King S20 Case Keys

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  xax 
#1 ·
Hi guys, does anybody know what style, make or key number that fit a 1950 s Super 20 case? I have a couple of MKVI saxes that the same key fits and locks both cases. I think this was like fender guitar cases also had all the same key number? Any ideas?

#10 ·
Mikey B, that key looks to be of a type made by the Presto Lock Co. A lot of old instrument cases used them, I know I have at least a few. Search "Presto key" and the like on eBay, that'd be your best option. Otherwise, if there's still a luggage retailer in your area they might have them. The locksmith in my town used to have a stash of old suitcase keys but that probably isn't common anymore.

#12 ·
The purpose of case keys is not to prevent someone from stealing your horn, obviously they take the case too. The purpose is to keep people out of your case, and that may or may not be important. Depends on what you keep in there. :yikes!:

#13 ·
I like to lock my sax case while carrying it around for the peace of mind that it won't accidentally open letting the horn fall off from it. Some latches are better then others. On my Selmer contoured case, more then once I caught one of the latches open by accident. Also on long flights it's great to know no one will open the case and fiddle with it while I'm sleeping.

#15 ·
Thanks for your input guys, i would just like yo obtain a key to be able to lock my case, as Guto says it's just belt and braces to stop the case falling open. Fader, I will cover your postage costs etc if you manage to find a spare key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.