Sax on the Web Forum banner

My new C-melody

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jhammons01 
#1 ·
I just got a silver Buescher with original mouthpiece and case - sn 106xxx (1922) - good condition, pads appear good (but not yet tested), action seems to be tight - anyone want to guess the price I paid??

Craigslist makes travelling fun.

#2 ·
OK I paid the full asking price - $200 - not too bad, is it?

#8 ·
If it plays, you got a STEAL....the Silver plate on that horn will shine up like a new penny with TarnX.....but after TarnX you have to use a silver polish with tarnish inhibitor...the TarnX leaves the Silver "too clean" if you will and it tarnishes very fast unless there is a layer of protection over it.

But yeah, I'll find horns that need complete refurb for ~$100 and they 'never' play out of the box....so $200 for a playing Silver plated Buescher is excellent. BTW, my favorite horn.

#3 ·
:lol::cry:Not too bad, at all. I've got a Conn, 1925, which I'm advertising in some of the local rags for $400 Cdn. It's in fantastic condition and does play well. I bought it by mistake! It was advertised out of town, so I had my son pick it up. He didn't know about CSs. I hardly looked at it before I took it to my tech, still thinking it was an alto.:cry:

#4 ·
It's got a high F too - that's a nice surprise for its age. I'll post pics after my tech goes over it.

#7 ·
I'm new to playng sax but have just bought a Conn new wonder 1 c-melody straight neck with microtuner, and is nickle plated .It came with original case (rough)and an old Buescher C mouthpiece. lt all appears to work fine. Serial is 131xxx which shows as 1924. Paid 150 pounds UK. Got to learn to play it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.