Saxophone pieces by a Mexican composer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saxophone pieces by a Mexican composer

Hey all, just had a question. I've been wanting to play some music that's not exactly classic rep, and decided that I would like to play something by a mexican composer.

Since this is my first post, a little about me. I am currently attending SUNY Fredonia and study with Diane Hunger and Wildy Zumwalt. About a year ago I returned from a two year mission from mexico, hence my desire to play something by a mexican composer.

I started this search myself but it's turned out to be a little more difficult than I had thought and I know that someone here will have answers! I believe in you!

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaxOnTheWeb.net
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Saxophone pieces by a Mexican composer

For what it's worth, I just typed Mexico into the Naxo's Music Library, (does your school have access to that?), glanced through, and looked up composers to see if they were from Mexico.

There's this CD there called "Saxofone Contemporaneo de Mexico Presenta" which might be something worth checking out. There was a composer, Manuel Ponce that had a nice Violin Concerto that you might be able to adapt for Saxophone, but that would take some work.

-Bubba-