Sax on the Web Forum banner

King Super 20 bari

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LowNoteSax 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying an eastlake 46x something super 20 bari in good playing condition and good cosmetics.

What is a reasonable price range

#2 ·
In my part of the world ( but buying one here wouldn't be so practical for you since shipping a bari using normal shipping methods limits shipping to a maximum of 100cm.) these don't seem to ever reach very high prices.

I have seen a couple of them which went for less than €2500.

I am not sure if there are any for sale at the moment.

There was a Dutch SOTW member Rob Musquetier who had one and I think he even tried to sell it locally here. Ca't say whether he was succesful or not.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?137932-King-Super-20-Bariton

#3 ·
They don`t come up that often here (which is the same part of the world as milandro`s).

I bought mine about four years ago. I felt lucky to pay "only" €2500 for it (Cleveland, no relaquer, no serious dents, silver neck). Needed an overhaul (& 800€), which made it to the best vintage bari I can imagine (sold my Martin and my 12M).

Only my Rampone and Cazzani (R1-Jazz) sounds (nearly) that good, but has some intonation issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.