Your Classic Saxophone set-up :) - Page 15
Viking Instruments
Hyson Music
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415
Results 281 to 289 of 289
  1. #281
    Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    7,458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by jhol111964 View Post
    1949-50 Elkhart by Buescher 30A with a 1969 Brilhart Level Air 5 w/ plasticover 2 or a Yamaha TS-S2 w/ Plasticover 2.5
    Got any clips of you playing classical with that setup?

  2. #282
    Distinguished Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2016
    J.Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by jhol111964 View Post
    1949-50 Elkhart by Buescher 30A with a 1969 Brilhart Level Air 5 w/ plasticover 2 or a Yamaha TS-S2 w/ Plasticover 2.5
    How does THAT work?
    Current setups:
    Yamaha YSS-875EX, Morgan 2C, Winslow Lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YAS-875EXS, Rousseau RC4, Winslow Lig, Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YTS-875EX, Rousseau NC4, Winslow Lig, Hemke 3.5

  3. #283
    Forum Contributor 2016 musekatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    heart of dixie
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Max View Post
    How does THAT work?
    I misinterpreted "classic" to mean "vintage". I haven't participated in an ensemble or symphony for quite some time, and that would have been in high school. At that time, I was playing a:

    MVII alto with a CS-80 C*, and a Rico 3.5 or 4.

    Pardon me, I think I see an old friend on the veranda...<quick exit>

  4. #284
    Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    7,458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by jhol111964 View Post

    Pardon me, I think I see an old friend on the veranda...<quick exit>


  5. #285
    Guy with the alto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Malvern, Pensylvania
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Saxophone: Bronze Yas-82z
    Mouthpiece: Selmer Concept
    Lig: silverstein works maestro
    Reed: Selmer 2.5 reeds
    Last edited by Guy with the alto; 02-09-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: got a new ligature yesterday!

  6. #286
    Daniel Goff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Soprano: Selmer Series III lacquered, Vandoren S27, Vandoren Optimum ligature, Vandoren Traditional 3.5 or 4
    Alto: Selmer Series II lacquered, Vandoren AL3, Vandoren M/O ligature, Vandoren Traditional 3

  7. #287

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BC. Canada
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Soprano:
    1930 Buescher True Tone (found in a flooded out basement in New Orleans Hurricane Katrina - restored by Selmer tech, original unpolished lacquer), vintage Berg HR refaced 55/3 SMS (refaced?)

    Alto:
    1949 Conn Connstellation alto, meyer (holy grail) bros NY small chamber 5* original

    Tenor:
    1923 Conn New Wonder tenor, Reworked cheap metal Berg copy with lots of chamber work (small chamber) gifted tech .110, Otto Link no USA Florida .105 tenor [back-up], Brilhart Tonalin 6* 4 digit tenor mpc (original cap and lig.)

    Flute:
    Artley 18-0 silver flute (for now)

    Clarinet:
    Cheap plastic (Super Grange) bell anyway, vintage white brilhart tonalin 4 digit, MC Gregory (vintage) by Rico (screams - non ligit)
    1930 Buescher Soprano, 1932 Selmer Super Alto, 1923 Conn New Wonder tenor, 1955 Selmer Centered Tone Clarinet, Artley 18-0 silver (copper) flute, Yamaha Intermediate wood Clarinet, Brilhart Tonalin white 4 digit serial.

  8. #288
    Distinguished SOTW Technician
    Forum Contributor 2017
    Jorns Bergenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Sopranino:
    Allora Vienna
    Custom large chamber mouthpiece (Buescher-esque)
    Brancher metal ligature
    Vandoren Trad for Eb clarinet 3.5

    Soprano:
    1926 Martin Handcraft
    1924 Martin C soprano (yes, for classical music)
    Custom large chamber mouthpiece, Martin vintage, Buescher vintage
    Brancher metal ligature
    Legere Signature 3 1/4, Vandoren Trad 3.5

    Alto
    Buescher New Aristocrat
    Riffault 3* mouthpiece (reworked)
    Rico H-lig
    Vandoren Trad 3.0

    Tenor:
    Buescher New Aristocrat
    Riffault 3* mouthpiece
    Rico H-lig
    Vandoren Trad 3.0

    Bari:
    "The Martin Baritone" Music Man Model
    Unbranded vintage mouthpiece
    Rico H-lig
    LaVoz Med

    Looking for an early Buescher Aristocrat bari.

  9. #289
    Distinguished Member
    Forum Contributor 2013-2016
    J.Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Your Classic Saxophone set-up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by saxophonedave View Post
    Soprano:
    1930 Buescher True Tone (found in a flooded out basement in New Orleans Hurricane Katrina - restored by Selmer tech, original unpolished lacquer), vintage Berg HR refaced 55/3 SMS (refaced?)

    Alto:
    1949 Conn Connstellation alto, meyer (holy grail) bros NY small chamber 5* original

    Tenor:
    1923 Conn New Wonder tenor, Reworked cheap metal Berg copy with lots of chamber work (small chamber) gifted tech .110, Otto Link no USA Florida .105 tenor [back-up], Brilhart Tonalin 6* 4 digit tenor mpc (original cap and lig.)

    Flute:
    Artley 18-0 silver flute (for now)

    Clarinet:
    Cheap plastic (Super Grange) bell anyway, vintage white brilhart tonalin 4 digit, MC Gregory (vintage) by Rico (screams - non ligit)
    How do people play classical music on Bergs? SMH
    Current setups:
    Yamaha YSS-875EX, Morgan 2C, Winslow Lig,Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YAS-875EXS, Rousseau RC4, Winslow Lig, Hemke 3.5
    Yamaha YTS-875EX, Rousseau NC4, Winslow Lig, Hemke 3.5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge