Sax on the Web Forum banner

Bass Sax Solo

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  LowWoodwindMan 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Here is a track from my new album which features bass saxophone. I hope you guys enjoy, and thanks for listening.

#7 ·
Thank you guys for listening. I really love bass sax, and its been a joy to try and learn my way around the beautiful axe. This track happened after we had gone through the tune several times and it didn't feel right. We were gonna move on and forget it but we did one more take and this one happened. Billy and Lonnie sound beautiful.

#14 ·
The VI had a gorgeous tone, but was nearly unplayable in the lowest register at fast speeds. I loved the tone and character of my Conn, but after some years it was hurting my hands. The Eppelsheim is a fantastic horn, but was very heavy and wasn't as nimble as the new Selmer. The keyword of the Selmer was also more familiar. Out of honesty, I also went with the Selmer because I'm a Selmer artist and play Selmers on all my other saxes and clarinets. That being said, I only play and endorse equipment that I fully believe in.

#17 ·
Really enjoying your recent posts! Great format, wonderful ensemble playing, tricky to pull off because there's nowhere to hide. Well done, all. I've been checking out your new album on Youtube, and pardon my presumption, but everyone, dig this:

#18 ·
Fantastic! Looking forward to checking out your album! :D

#20 ·
Terrific! I popped over to Amazon and bought the album. Great stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.