Sax on the Web Forum banner

WTB Mark Spencer Tenor piece

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  B Flat 
#1 ·
Hey SOTW!

I have heard a lot great about these Mark Spencer pieces, all though he does not seem to be in business anymore,
so I was wondering if any of you had one for sale (preferably in EU) in an 8star opening for tenor.
(I, myself am from Denmark) :)

I have a Otto Link USA florida 7star available for trade if that could add any "interest".

All the best!

(I have no idea if this is the right place to post but here it goes!
But please move the thread if it is not placed correctly,
I am fairly new to the site, so my apologies :) )

#4 ·
Pete I am referring to an Australian refacer, there are a few threads on here about his work, and all seem to praise his pieces
so I hoped that writing this thread might get me in contact with some who have one for sale!
Steve Neff has also done a review of one of his pieces on his blog,
there is also some of the mans own wise words about how mouthpieces should play :) !

Saxlicker the email doesn´t seem to work ...
I guess he must have changed it since he is no longer in business ... :(

But I was more wondering if anyone had one up for sale :)

#6 ·
I think he (Mark) quit the mouthpiece business. I had a few pieces for refacing at his shop quite a while ago, but he returned them and wrote me he didn't have the time to focus on mouthpieces as much as he would need to in order to continue doing great work.
Pity, as he really did great work.

#11 ·
His pieces are something special for sure.
I toyed with the idea of parting with mine some time ago.
Luckily I saw the light in time and held onto it.
I would imagine there would be a healthy amount of interest in his pieces should he decide to start making them again.
There’s really nothing like them on the market.

#17 ·
Hi,
You are mistaken.
Pharoah got that piece from me, Mark Sepinuck. It was a cast full-sized metal piece copy of an old brilhart Ebolin, that I got in.
HEAVY AS CAN BE!!!

He does like small tip mpcs a lot. 4*-6*. He has gotten loads of pieces in all different sizes from me over the years, but he likes the smaller sizes best.

As for Mark Spencer---he's a good guy and we did business many years ago when he was doing mpc's. Would love to reconnect with him again.

#16 ·
There have been a couple of smaller tipped Spencer's for sale here recently.
Personally I think his standard opening is right for this type of piece.
The .118 I reviewed on my site was something special that is for sure. Very unique piece. I just wish it was around .110 but maybe that would have changed the whole piece? I'd love to get a piece like that.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.