Sax on the Web Forum banner

How to buy a Stainer??

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike T 
#1 ·
I got no answer to my email query - do they have a US distributor?
Or do they ship into the US?
And what do their contras really cost?

#4 ·
Thanks, although that address works perfectly for me ( I tried again), I don’t know why it would work for you, but thanks all the same..

Gilberto Lopes, a Brazilian-Italian, is part of the Steiner company and distributor for these saxophones even for countries other than Italy. He has always been the only person from the company present at the Frankfurter Messe showing these horns.

I am confident that he is the person to go to buy one of these.

#7 ·
Yes, Gilberto Lopes is definitely the go-to man if you want to purchase a J'Élle Stainer instrument, but I would advise anyone to have a look at Helen's website to get an overview of the various instruments on offer before contacting Gilberto.

There was a J'Élle Stainer compact contrabass sax offered for sale on SotW in June 2013. The then asking price was €9,500, which represents almost US$ 10,900.00 in today's money. It sold in October; whether the seller made his asking price, I of course don't know, but I assume the price for a new one is quite bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.