Sax on the Web Forum banner

"bags" spanish brand - baritone case question

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  gordex 
#1 ·
I'm interested in purchasing a bam hightech for my 12M, because I'm using the baritone almost everyday and I need a sturdy case.
While I was searching on the web I stumbled into a spanish brand called begs, their case seem to me very good.

Watch here http://www.musical-bags.com/en/main/598/a_bb_baritone_sax_superbags_allfibre_shaped_black

Does anybody know more about these cases?
Have you ever seen one of them in person?
Do you know if they fit a conn 12m bari?

#2 ·
I have a "Bags" case for my YBS-62, not exactly the same model though (Ecobags rather than Fiber). Works very well for me. The case is light and protective.

I purchased the case at Mike Duchstein's online shop in Berlin, which carries several models (look under "Formkoffer"); the folks there are probably knowledgable about whether a 12M would fit.

#5 ·
In the Ecobags, the bari sax is totally stable. I never had the BAM case so I cannot really compare 1:1.

As a backpack, I'd say it is pretty comfortable, but I wouldn't walk it for miles. The wheels are good but I only use them on really flat surfaces (inside buildings).

#7 ·
I've purchased the protect. It is solid and durable, I've been using it for three years and it is in very good condition. I put a towel in the case in the upper area to make the horn more stable during transport. The only thing that I don't like is that it is very big because it can accommodate both low B and low A horns, but as a Conn player I would prefer a narrower and lighter case just for low Bb. I can't see why there is anything in the market for lox Bb bars, since lots of people plays them!

#9 ·
I know, that this is a quite an old thread. But the question came up to compare BAGS and BAM cases. Actually I have both, because I have 2 bari saxes, a low Eb for fun and a low A for big band.
Both cases fit for my Yanagisawa Low A and the SBA Low Eb.
The BAM Hightech is much more stable and both instruments fit in perfectly. Nothing moves. This is different in the bags case. With both instruments there is space, so that the instrument moves.
As a result I use the bags case for storage at home and the BAM Hightech for transport. The BAM Hightech costs much more, but I think it is worth the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.