Sax on the Web Forum banner

Thinking about buying a bass sax

11K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
I'm in highschool (Gr.11) and playing tenor in a fairly serious highshool level jazzband and I love the sound of bari and Bass sax. I'm seriously considering saving up money and investing in a bass sax. I'm assuming from what i've seen that i may be looking at spending around $6,000 or more. Though, i have seen threads like http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?197731-Info-on-Chinese-Bass-Sax this one putting in good words on cheaper chinese/asian saxes. If i did purchase one, I'd probably plan on dividing my attention equally between Tenor and Bass (especially since most material will be interchangable since they're in the same key) I'm also planning on continuing my education with music, so do you think that bass sax would be a desirable double in university/college?

#34 ·
of course, you`re right, milandro... 50% is a lot (not a "bit") and I have to admit, that 5k€ for the Toneking in Amsterdam seems to be a very reasonable offer, whereas I don`t know anything about its construction.

Won´t consider a "cheap" Chinese bass as an alternative.

Good luck from me, too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.